ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Raptor and Henderson Performance (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18302)

XfireZ51 09-11-2012 07:19 PM

Re: Raptor and Henderson Performance

Ron,

BTW, I am in Vegas this week, leaving Thursday am. staying at The Paris for conference. Let me know if you can come over for a drink.

Dominic

tf95ZR1 09-11-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XfireZ51 (Post 150036)
Ron,
BTW, I am in Vegas this week, leaving Thursday am. staying at The Paris for conference. Let me know if you can come over for a drink.
Dominic

Dom, I think he's in Dubai or somewhere exotic like that.
Wow, I know the whereabouts of forum members better
than that of my own kids!

RHanselman 09-12-2012 01:23 PM

Yep, Dubai...

Scheduled to be back on the 27th...

RICKYRJ1 09-12-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHanselman (Post 150020)
Twin...

$10k for the base system.

I also have 18 LT1 Single Turbo systems. I'm going to mod one and then test it on both of my Ruby's. It may be perfect for a stock Z...

Cheers,
RH

What does the base system consist of? then also what would be above that if at all? 10k doesnt seem bad for that much power being added and assuming a safe reliable tune. what are you thinking HP #'s on the single set up? Hope this all works out for all parties envolved, it makes a great addition/option to our cars :Eagle:

A1990 09-12-2012 05:06 PM

I would be that to be a low boost $$$$. You will need to redo your bottom end and lower the compression and while your in there...etc, etc. etc...

Not sure if the $10k includes labor of any kind...

RHanselman 09-12-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 (Post 150119)
What does the base system consist of? then also what would be above that if at all? 10k doesnt seem bad for that much power being added and assuming a safe reliable tune. what are you thinking HP #'s on the single set up? Hope this all works out for all parties envolved, it makes a great addition/option to our cars :Eagle:

Off the top of my head...

The base system contains:
Stainless Steal Hot and cold pipes (CATs if needed)
Turbo's
Turbo Oiling system
Waste Gate
Blow-Off valve
Electric Harness
Hardware for the above

Options:
Intercooler
Exhaust Tips
Gages
Fuel Pump
Injectors
Raptor ECM
Headers

Right now, only option is to have Corey Henderson install the system. I think Ron said Corey is charging $1700 for the install but I could be a little off... I'll check again

The Single Turbo on a stock car should be around the same HP/TQ numbers as the stock dyno sheet above. Those numbers are from my stock 91 with twins pushing around 4 psi. All for around $5500...

RHanselman 09-12-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1990 (Post 150121)
I would be that to be a low boost $$$$. You will need to redo your bottom end and lower the compression and while your in there...etc, etc. etc...

Not sure if the $10k includes labor of any kind...

Yes, low boost. We think the max boost for a stock engine with the stock ECM should be no more than 5 psi. I believe Mat's car (single turbo on a stock engine) was running 6-8 psi and was getting 550HP but he eventually lost a head gasket. You'll have to ask him the specifics...

$10k does not include labor.

FYI - I'm using the stock crank and rods on my 374. The engine builder said the stock internals would good to 1000 HP. He did however perform some lightening and stress relieving on the rods. I believe all the engine work and parts for my 374 cost around $9500 even with Ron Woods Head Studs. The goal is to eventually up it to 15 psi...

Locobob 09-13-2012 03:10 PM

Arrrgggg! Really wish I had the money to do this, working and going to school part time isn't leaving me any extra cash to play with. I just love the sound of whooshing turbos!

RHanselman 09-15-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locobob (Post 150203)
Arrrgggg! Really wish I had the money to do this, working and going to school part time isn't leaving me any extra cash to play with. I just love the sound of whooshing turbos!

I'm sure we can work out a Lay away plan... ;-)

USAFPILOT 09-15-2012 12:09 PM

law away sounds good...just lay the turbos in my trunk and I will pay you in a couple years.