ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Put The 92 on the Dyno Last Night (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25052)

KJL 05-08-2015 02:30 PM

Put The 92 on the Dyno Last Night

Ran it with the valet key on and off to checkout the secondary operation. The only non-stock part is the flow master cat-back exhaust system.
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...psyppaty9h.png

Here is the run for my 95. More mods including headers, exhaust, porting and Haibeck chip.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...psbe4ede04.png

RussMcB 05-08-2015 02:47 PM

Re: Put The 92 on the Dyno Last Night

Aw, you should've let me know! I would have gone to watch. :-)

Looks healthy.

I've been looking for an opportunity to take mine to Arthur's dyno, too. Maybe I'll go later this month.

We Gone 05-08-2015 03:08 PM

Nice #'s... My 91 did 335RWHP, with just flows & stock chip also. (324 bone stock 11k miles on it)

diamond zr1 05-08-2015 10:18 PM

if that dyno sheet reads 400 plus there must be other stuff besides exhaust in there

KJL 05-09-2015 06:39 PM

Yes, that sheet is for the 1995. Lots more....

KJL 05-09-2015 06:40 PM

Let me know. I like to go by there on Thursday nights to see what is going on.

Paul Workman 05-10-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJL (Post 225370)
Ran it with the valet key on and off to checkout the secondary operation. The only non-stock part is the flow master cat-back exhaust system.
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...psyppaty9h.png

Here is the run for my 95. More mods including headers, exhaust, porting and Haibeck chip.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...psbe4ede04.png

Good numbers! Did you do the porting or did you send oit out?

LGAFF 05-10-2015 09:46 AM

Mike Ebert did it I believe...

KJL 05-10-2015 12:46 PM

Yes Mike Ebert did the work. Very nice job. All I did was port match the heads to the injector housings and clean up some gasket issues. Didn't pick up much HP, maybe a few. What I did was not worth the effort. When I get around to replacing gaskets, servicing injectors and Fuel line o-rings, I will see if I can track down Mike to do the same thing to the 92 intake and housings.

KJL 05-15-2020 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update: Flash forward 5 years..... I can not believe it has been 5 years already. The attached photo is of a dyno run I did in 2018 after porting the intake, injector housings and port matching and blending the head ports myself. It took the better part of a year to do this. Along with the porting I also locked the secondaries and had Mark H. adjust the fuel curve on the chip. Pretty good increase in power and torque for just letting her breathe better. My guess is a set of headers with no cats would put me close the 95's performance of 400 RWHP. I chronicled the whole porting job complete with flow data on the corvette forum ZR1 tech section. I wish there were a way of transferring to this forum.
Tested at 371 rwhp & 362 rwtq

Bradjon 05-15-2020 01:52 PM

My 90 with Corey porting on inj housings and plenum his chip headers and custom exhaust did 409.9 hp and 373.3 tq

KJL 05-15-2020 06:37 PM

I think with headers and exhaust I would see about 20 more HP. It is amazing how consistent these cars are regarding how much more power you get based on modification. Intake and IH porting with exhaust and chip will get the car to about 400 RWHP. From there it is diminishing return on money spent to gain more power. I have considered one of Mark H. performance package's but just worried how to resolve any issues after the fact. Its not like I can just drive the car to his shop.....

dredgeguy 05-16-2020 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Marc did my top end porting last year on my 92 with 97,000. It has Stainless Works headers and high flow cats with Corsa exhaust.

Top Toy 05-17-2020 05:26 AM

There is a lot to be gained just thru opening up the plenum and injector housings. My '93 made 411 SAE RWHP on Marc's Dyno with siamesed plenum and IH's, stock heads, stock exhaust manifolds, cat delete pipes, and B&B exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

ZWILD1 05-17-2020 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Marc is the man. He did my car complete with losing the secondary system and Fidanza flywheel. Now I need to go with a bore increase for more cubes.

Top Toy 05-17-2020 10:00 PM

Addictive, isn't it?

mcich7781 05-19-2020 09:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I had never witnessed a Dyno Run in person until Marc Haibeck did mine last year.

If you are planning on dyno'ing your car whatever you do, don't watch any Dyno Blow-Up or Mishap Videos on You Tube!

Marc said at the time, "I have done hundreds of these, haven't blown one up yet." That statement eased my concern some, but I still stood by an open door ready to run.

During the long (what seemed like an eternity) 3 runs, the car just stood and delivered, no smoke, no fuss, just screamed. After the dyno tune I have a lot more faith in my car, much more after watching it at the limit.

By the way, the cooling fan is there mostly to cool the headers. Something I didn't know.

KJL 05-19-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Toy (Post 309399)
Addictive, isn't it?

My 95 has been ported (except for heads), has SS headers and Corsa exhaust, 4.10 rear gear and light weight flywheel and dual RAM clutch. Battery relocated to behind passenger seat, I Beam plates etc. It just runs so well I am afraid of doing any more power upgrades.

KJL 05-19-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZWILD1 (Post 309391)
Marc is the man. He did my car complete with losing the secondary system and Fidanza flywheel. Now I need to go with a bore increase for more cubes.

What upgrade package did you get? Great numbers!

KJL 05-19-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcich7781 (Post 309433)
I had never witnessed a Dyno Run in person until Marc Haibeck did mine last year.

If you are planning on dyno'ing your car whatever you do, don't watch any Dyno Blow-Up or Mishap Videos on You Tube!

Marc said at the time, "I have done hundreds of these, haven't blown one up yet." That statement eased my concern some, but I still stood by an open door ready to run.

During the long (what seemed like an eternity) 3 runs, the car just stood and delivered, no smoke, no fuss, just screamed. After the dyno tune I have a lot more faith in my car, much more after watching it at the limit.

By the way, the cooling fan is there mostly to cool the headers. Something I didn't know.

hahha, I am no stranger to dyno runs. Have done many over the years. I even drove the car for many of them which I prefer.

Demps 05-19-2020 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I miss hanging out with people and seeing all of the different cars! This thread makes it more so because I saw y’all last on the track at NCM last year. I’m not a car show guy...using these cars is great!

I’ve been debating on other cars for a while but keep getting drawn in by the ol’ ZR-1. What a great drivetrain...the clean exterior design is getting a [very] little respect too. It’s amazing that more young folks know about these cars now since my youth—almost a resurgence.

The 400ish power level makes for a very enjoyable car. One word of advice: don’t get around a stroker...it’s an expensive tight rope. But boy is it fun!!!

Ted

Attachment 12040

dredgeguy 05-19-2020 12:04 PM

WOW, those are some impressive numbers. It was a pleasure meeting you last year at BG Demps. We need to get Phil's 427 on a dyno soon!

KJL 05-19-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demps (Post 309439)
I miss hanging out with people and seeing all of the different cars! This thread makes it more so because I saw y’all last on the track at NCM last year. I’m not a car show guy...using these cars is great!

I’ve been debating on other cars for a while but keep getting drawn in by the ol’ ZR-1. What a great drivetrain...the clean exterior design is getting a [very] little respect too. It’s amazing that more young folks know about these cars now since my youth—almost a resurgence.

The 400ish power level makes for a very enjoyable car. One word of advice: don’t get around a stroker...it’s an expensive tight rope. But boy is it fun!!!

Ted

Attachment 12040

I was really looking forward to doing it again this year. I was far from the fastest on the track but had lots of fun. What engine package do you have?

Did you have your white ZR1 on a trailer last year?

Demps 05-19-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJL (Post 309444)
I was really looking forward to doing it again this year. I was far from the fastest on the track but had lots of fun. What engine package do you have?

Did you have your white ZR1 on a trailer last year?

The track is a fun place to be.

Dyno is from my Haibeck 415.

Yes to my white car. It dyno’d right at 400 with headers & cats (ported engine).

Ted

KJL 05-19-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demps (Post 309445)
The track is a fun place to be.

Dyno is from my Haibeck 415.

Yes to my white car. It dyno’d right at 400 with headers & cats (ported engine).

Ted

It was a pleasure meeting you. I wish we had more time to talk. I think the last time I saw you you were changing out your tires to street tires. I would love to pick your brain and listen to your experiences with these cars. Would you ever consider tracking the 415? I would imagine it would be a lot harder to keep under control.

Red_zr1 05-10-2023 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJL (Post 225501)
Yes Mike Ebert did the work. Very nice job. All I did was port match the heads to the injector housings and clean up some gasket issues. Didn't pick up much HP, maybe a few. What I did was not worth the effort. When I get around to replacing gaskets, servicing injectors and Fuel line o-rings, I will see if I can track down Mike to do the same thing to the 92 intake and housings.

Hello,
Does mike still works in Lt5 engine and build 427 CID?

KJL 05-10-2023 08:13 AM

Sorry, I never did manage to track him down. I ended up doing my own porting on the 92. Came out great! Increased HP at the wheel by about 35HP!