ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   SES light (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17234)

Jim Nolan 04-20-2012 09:15 AM

SES light

I had my '92 modded a couple of years ago by a known tuner but I wasn't real happy with some of the results, (rough idle and backfire) so I had Haibeck retune an extra e-prom I had for me to see if I got different results. The mods were;

Ported heads, injector housings and plenum
SW headers no cats
Corsa exaust
3:92 gears
Reset cams
and I added
K& N filter
Relocated temp sensor

The Idle is smooth and the backfire is gone but with a hard shift above 6k I get a momentary SES light. Using Gordan's kit I could not find any stored codes, Marc set fuel scheduling for 410/420hp. Any ideas?

Kevin 04-20-2012 09:21 AM

Re: SES light

vac leak

tomtom72 04-20-2012 11:24 AM

It could be you are running out of vacuum and it's setting a DTC 61 intermittently ?? You said hard run to 6+k rpms, and that would be where the manifold vac drops almost to zero and in theory our vacuum pump is supposed to pick up any shortage of vacuum in the system to keep the 2* actuators pulling on the 2* linkage.

Not to be a wise guy, did you use the Gordon jumper for the CCM? I think that's where the history codes and intermittent codes are stored....I think!:o

:cheers:
Tom

Jim Nolan 04-20-2012 12:33 PM

I tried them all, ECM, CCM etc; nothing. If it is a vacuum leak I wonder why it didn't show up with the other e-prom? But, I'll check all the vacuum lines.

GOLDCYLON 04-20-2012 12:45 PM

My guess would be a lazy secondary vaccumm actuator under the plenum. One of the pair

XfireZ51 04-20-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Nolan (Post 138877)
I tried them all, ECM, CCM etc; nothing. If it is a vacuum leak I wonder why it didn't show up with the other e-prom? But, I'll check all the vacuum lines.

Could be running a bit lean at top end depending on what Marc did with fuel. See if you can datalog while you do a run.

Paul Workman 04-24-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XfireZ51 (Post 138882)
Could be running a bit lean at top end depending on what Marc did with fuel. See if you can datalog while you do a run.

Ummm-yeah. Had that thought too when I read 410-420. Mine was initially set by Marc for ≈ 450 hp before I ported the heads. I had no SES. Logically speaking, it would seem (to me too) that one possiblilty might be a lean condition???

Dom, we're starting to think alike...AND DON'T THINK I'M NOT WORRIED!! :p

p.

XfireZ51 04-24-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Workman (Post 139267)
Ummm-yeah. Had that thought too when I read 410-420. Mine was initially set by Marc for ≈ 450 hp before I ported the heads. I had no SES. Logically speaking, it would seem (to me too) that one possiblilty might be a lean condition???

Dom, we're starting to think alike...AND DON'T THINK I'M NOT WORRIED!! :p

p.

Well if the SES light comes on then then goes off during hard acceleration, that usually indicates an intermittent lean condition. Now WHY its lean is a matter for discovery. I had that happen when I ported my top end. Turned out to be fuel pump.