ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Region (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   WAZOO Garage and Gettysburg Battlefield Dinner Cruise - 22 Oct 2017 (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28221)

QB93Z 08-29-2017 07:21 PM

WAZOO Garage and Gettysburg Battlefield Dinner Cruise - 22 Oct 2017

I am proud to announce the WAZOO Garage and Gettysburg Battlefield Dinner Cruise on Sunday, October 22nd, 2017. The Cruise is presented by Jim Voter, Darrin Catts and Nelson Slinkman. We invite you to join us for a day of Corvette cruising, garage visiting, battlefield learning, fine dining and camaraderie.

We will assemble at Jim's garage in Westminster, Maryland and then take some Carroll County back roads to Nelson's garage, then cruise to Darrin's garage in Gettysburg for lunch. After lunch, Darrin will lead us on a tour of the Battlefield with stops for informative discussions. After the tour we will assembly at the Dobbin House Tavern for dinner.

The cruise is open to all Corvettes and will be a great event to have our wives join us. Participation is by reservation only, paid in advance. The cost of the buffet dinner will be $27.50 per person.

Because of the limited vehicle space at some of the locations in Gettysburg National Military Park, the Cruise will be limited to 25 Corvettes. If we get more than 25 cars applying, we will consider asking some drivers at the Battlefield portion of the trip to take a passenger. There is room for up to 50 people or more at the Dobbin House Tavern.

The Cruise is on Sunday, October 22, 2017. The agenda is:

8:30 AM Arrive at Jim's Garage
8:30 to 9:00 - Drivers Meeting and final system checks
9:00 Depart Westminster
9:00 to 10:00 Carroll County Corvette Cruise
10:00 - Arrive at Nelson's Garage
10:00 to 11:00 - Ice Tea and Cookies at Nelson's
11:00 to 11:45 - Corvette Cruise to Travelers Rest Stables in Gettysburg, PA
11:45 to 1:30 - Deli Lunch served on the Lift at Darrin's Garage
1:30 to 1:45 - Corvette Cruise to Gettysburg National Military Park
1:45 to 4:00 - Gettysburg Battlefield Interpretative Tour by acclaimed Battlefield Historian and published author, Darrin Catts
4:00 to 4:30 - Cocktails and beverages at Dobbin House Tavern in Gettysburg, PA
4:30 to 6:30 PM - Buffet Dinner in a private dining room at the Dobbin House Tavern.

The evening's buffet menu for the Dobbin House Tavern:
25-item salad bar
Assorted breads

Hunter Style Chicken
Seafood Newburg
Beef tips Diane

Rice pilaf
Roasted redskin potatoes
Seasonal mixed vegetables
Buttered dill carrots

Chocolate cake
Blueberry trifle
Gingerbread with lemon sauce

Coffee
Tea
Iced tea

Buffet cost is $27.50 per person

More information about the Cruise will follow. If you are not from the Maryland or Gettysburg area and are considering participating in the cruise and need accommodations, I can recommend hotels in the Carroll County, MD area or Darrin can recommend hotels in the Gettysburg area.

For additional information contact me here or by PM, or at jim@gizmosart.com or 443-244-1347.

I am looking forward to seeing you for the Cruise!

Jim

Roadster 08-29-2017 09:15 PM

Re: WAZOO Garage and Gettysburg Battlefield Dinner Cruise - 22 Oct 2017

Hello Jim,
My wife Alexis and I will be attending on the 22nd of October. Sounds like it will be a fun time. Plus my wife is a Civil War Buff, so she is looking forward to the cruise. Let me know where to send the check for the buffet.
Thanks......:)

ZR1North 08-31-2017 04:47 PM

I wish I were close enough to join you all. I though Darren taught me all I needed to know before buying my lift at Carlisle last week, but I see there was one particular omitted - serving lunch on your lift!

Have a safe and fun day at a great historinc site.

efnfast 08-31-2017 06:31 PM

Wish I could talk the wife into it.

Roadster 08-31-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZR1North (Post 266981)
I wish I were close enough to join you all. I though Darren taught me all I needed to know before buying my lift at Carlisle last week, but I see there was one particular omitted - serving lunch on your lift!

Have a safe and fun day at a great historinc site.

Hello Bob, would be nice if you and Linda were closer and could attend....:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by efnfast (Post 266993)

Steve, start talking.....we just booked a room for overnight. Would be good to see you and the Mrs. there, I think your wife would enjoy the outing!!!:)

dredgeguy 10-04-2017 03:57 PM

Sorry guys but travel plans got in the way of this one. Heading to India for a project on the 19th so will miss all the fun. Sure you all will have a great time. Hope to see the gang at Jim's this Saturday.

Jagdpanzer 10-04-2017 05:26 PM

Regretfully will have to miss the outstanding event.
Parent's weekend at our daughter's school.

robrtr 10-05-2017 09:55 AM

Sounds like a wonderful afternoon/evening. Unfortunately, I'll be in Florida settling on our new house. Hopefully, there will be another WMD before our relocation on 11/29.

Ralph

ZR-1nce removed 10-10-2017 07:29 AM

Please let us know if you're planning to join us for this event. I need to have a minimum of 25 to keep the reservations for the banquet. I need to know if we will have enough before the end of this week. If we don't get enough, we can still hold the event just with a different dinner arrangement. Thanks and I hope to see a bunch of my WAZOO fellers (and ladies) then.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

FU 10-10-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efnfast (Post 266993)

Steve , You can pick me up on I-95 , I'll wear lipstick !