ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Wheel help guidance please (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28707)

billschroeder5842 01-22-2018 04:31 PM

Wheel help guidance please

I'd like to get a set of new wheels for my 91. I'm partial to the "GS" looking ones with the black wheels and a aluminum outer ring.

I can find lots of wheels however a closer look says "not for ZR1" so they must be making them for the "regular" C4 or Camaros. The Tire Racks of the world are not helping either- I must be searching wrong.

Can someone please point me in the right direction of a company that will help?

Thanks!

Ccmano 01-22-2018 06:06 PM

Re: Wheel help guidance please

The problem is the 38mm rear offset we need to our cars vs the 56mm used on all four corners of the other cars. To my knowledge no one currently makes the 38mm offset 11 inch wide A mold wheels.

Most of the 11inch A molds out there seem to be 50mm offsets.

H
:cheers:

Ronstar 01-22-2018 06:16 PM

Houseofwheelsonline.com

Reproduction wheels but look good

Ccmano 01-22-2018 06:29 PM

I guess I take it back... in addition the House of Wheels

Factoryreproductions.com in California does them too. I bought a chromed set from them back in 2007 with tires included. Very reasonable. Nice wheels.

Interestingly both do them as 36mm offsets not 38mm?
H

billschroeder5842 01-22-2018 07:15 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out. I know about the 38 offset, so my guess is that the 2mm is not going to make a big difference. I'd like to get 335s as they just look BA.

I like the tire and wheel combo. Delivery and mounted in minutes!

Ccmano 01-22-2018 07:18 PM

Not sure if Factoryreproductions still does combos. Best to call them.
H

WVZR-1 01-23-2018 05:09 AM

Find any 50mm 11" that you like and just use a "pass-through" spacer and longer wheel studs. Many have done it, most use either a 16 or 18mm spacer. A 50mm wheel with a 18mm spacer might be a plus if you intend 335. I have 16mm.

efnfast 01-23-2018 06:01 AM

I own a set of these. Very happy with them.
http://shop.afswheels.com/AFS-88-96-...im-Set-S7B.htm

GOLDCYLON 01-23-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842 (Post 273267)
I'd like to get a set of new wheels for my 91. I'm partial to the "GS" looking ones with the black wheels and a aluminum outer ring.

I can find lots of wheels however a closer look says "not for ZR1" so they must be making them for the "regular" C4 or Camaros. The Tire Racks of the world are not helping either- I must be searching wrong.

Can someone please point me in the right direction of a company that will help?

Thanks!

Bill that's what I am currently running on my red 90. Black with a polished lip and they are reproductions however they look great and came with the car. The correct rear offset for the ZR-1 is 36MM from the factory however you wont find black with a polished lip in the correct offset. For instance if you were to look for a set of Original GS Wheels the rear offset is 50MM which will fit without a problem but you wont get the deep dish look on the rear wheels. So what to do?

I bought a set of factory ZR-1 A molds and I am going to have them redone in Black gloss powder coat with a polish lip and then mount em in order to get that correct look. I am a few month away from doing this but I will do it this this year and install my GS Center caps lol

billschroeder5842 01-23-2018 01:03 PM

So it looks like a spacer is pretty much of a given? I suppose it is hard to inventory a 38mm offset wheel.