ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 NCRS for ZR-1s (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NCRS judging (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21699)

taximan 11-24-2013 11:25 AM

NCRS judging

Just finished flight judging my 95 Z yesterday. With our cars starting to creep into the classic car category, I would highly recommend for those of you that are near stock. We have clearly established the pedigree of our cars on the track, now we should be heard on the judging field. It will only increase the legacy of these great cars in all areas of Corvettedom.

Its amazing how many people I came across who had no idea of the significant part our cars have played in the history of Corvette.

I have belonged to NCRS for 22 years, and flight judged 3 different cars. I am in process of going through C4 judging levels.

I know NCRS has a reputation of being filled with a bunch of elitists a$$holes. And believe me, they have some. But in large part its pretty good people looking to preserve the Corvette legacy. Since C4s are now into the judging timeline, the NCRS wants to get more C$ owners into the process, and would like to encourage any ZR1 owners who are interested, to start showing their cars.

Remember, as much as we all like to race and tweek our monster cars, its just as important that we become visible to the ato and overall Corvette community to remind them of the importance of the ZR1, and it willl help enhance resell values of ours cars.

I will be more than happy to help anyone with questions or suggestions. Just post in the NCRS section of this forum.

Kevin 11-24-2013 11:31 AM

Re: NCRS judging

this is great for anyone who's interested and I hope those who are do it. But for me, it's not worth it. I've done some ncrs judging schools and while fun, I wouldn't want to be on the other end of it.

Tyler Townsley 11-24-2013 12:49 PM

I judged a 95 at a chapter meet yesterday and even with a powder coated top end, cam covers up and stainless steel bolts it scored a top flight. The way the scoring is set up the parts were original and you could only hit on the finish. Car was just about perfect in all other categories.

Tyler

taximan 11-24-2013 02:03 PM

It was probably my car. Was it at Howey in the Hills ?

Tyler Townsley 11-24-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taximan (Post 188940)
It was probably my car. Was it at Howey in the Hills ?

Yes

Mystic ZR-1 11-24-2013 03:52 PM

Did they happen to mention how many ZR-1s have earned a Top Flight award?
NO ONE at NCRS wants to answer that question...
Can't be that hard?
Thumbs up on your Top Flight!!! Add one to whatever the number is.

taximan 11-24-2013 04:10 PM

I don't know that they don't want to answer it. The response was that they will give us the info when they release the entire breakdown of all years. Sometime next year.

Mystic ZR-1 11-24-2013 05:42 PM

Don't hold your breathe...
I've been asking the question since 09 when I Top Flighted my car and getting the same answer!

Tyler Townsley 11-24-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 (Post 188970)
Don't hold your breathe...
I've been asking the question since 09 when I Top Flighted my car and getting the same answer!

NCRS is a club and as such is somewhat limited by the number of employees and volunteers available to answer questions from club members. This is especially true when trying to get information in its data files.

Tyler

Mystic ZR-1 11-25-2013 01:11 PM

It's more of a business than a club now.
Not as bad as Bloomington, but getting there...