ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Interested in a c4 zr-1 , any tips? --- (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19042)

alwayscode390 12-15-2012 12:42 PM

Interested in a c4 zr-1 , any tips? ---

I am interested in getting a c4 (1990-1995) zr1 Corvette.

I was wondering if there was an issues to look for , or anything I need to know about these cars before I get too involved in trying to find one.

I have a buddy that says he knows where a Lingenfelter upgraded package car is that puts over 400rwhp down, so that may be what I go check out first.

Is the car number the last 4 digits of the VIN , per year?

Do the LT5's use opti ignitions?

I figured I would ask here first http://www.syty.net/forums/images/sm...icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the help !!! ---

QB93Z 12-15-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Interested in a c4 zr-1 , any tips? ---

Hello and welcome to the ZR-1 Net Registry Forum. There is a wealth of information about ZR-1's available here.

We refer to our ZR-1's by the year and the last digits of the VIN. For example, I have 1993 #161.

The LT5 does NOT use the C4 LT1 Optispark system. The LT5 is a 100% electronic ignition system. The ignition system has proven to be very reliable and virtually maintenance free.

The Lingenfelter Package ZR-1's are excellent examples of what the LT5 can do. I own a Lingenfelter 368 and it is an amazing car. I highly recommend these cars.

As with any 20 year old car, there are issues that will come up. The major engine performance issue for the LT5 that I have seen is the need to replace injectors if they are original. Plugs and plug wires may need to be replaced at the same time.

I suggest that if you have a particular ZR-1 that you are interested in, post up here and get a member to go with you to look at the car, or look at it and give you a report.

Good luck,

Jim

VetteMed 12-15-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QB93Z (Post 156979)

The LT5 does use the C4 LT1 Optispark system. The LT5 is a 100% electronic ignition system. The ignition system has proven to be very reliable and virtually maintenance free.

I think Jim meant that the LT5 does NOT use the Optispark.

WARP TEN 12-15-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QB93Z (Post 156979)
Hello and welcome to the ZR-1 Net Registry Forum. There is a wealth of information about ZR-1's available here.

We refer to our ZR-1's by the year and the last digits of the VIN. For example, I have 1993 #161..... Jim

And a mighty fine ZR-1 it is!--Bob

scottfab 12-15-2012 02:06 PM

Here is a thread you may want to visit so you know what questions to
ask on any car you find.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17014

cvette98pacecar 12-15-2012 03:01 PM

This is just a suggestion, Determine your budget, Color, year and HP. Everyone is this group pretty much can tell you where every ZR-1 that is for sale. Do you want a big cube car? Do you want all original.
For instance there is a 1993 Bright Red/Red DRM600 for sale in Racine, WI for 36k with a additional engine.

DaveK 12-15-2012 03:19 PM

You may also find it useful to look at the buyers guide on the website.

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Market...yersGuide.aspx

Good luck with your search.

Dave

alwayscode390 12-15-2012 07:42 PM

I guess I should pull the plug on this.

I sent him 5 emails within 3 hours this morning asking questions ... so when we met up it would be a lot smoother.

Well, I guess I pissed him off or was annoying him ... because his last email was " lets just forget this, good luck in your search ".

HAHAH ... wow. I asked him why "Lingenfelter" wasn't engraved in the top of his intake manifold like all the other LPE package cars I have seen pictures of. He told me he had paperwork of the service, and that I was wrong in my research.

Oh well, maybe I will keep an eye out and grab one of these later.

Probably a LPE car if its a 1990/1991/1992 ... or a stocker for the 93/94/95 cars with the higher HP engine combo.

The reason I was so excited about this particular deal was the guy is 10 minutes up the street from me.

Im just looking for a car under 100k miles for $20k or less.

Thank you all for your time/help ---

LGAFF 12-15-2012 07:58 PM

I am building an awesome 1991 White/Blck guts 368 w/17K miles.....I also have a 1992 ZR-1 for sale at $25K...25K miles and 391rwhp...and thats w/o a tune.

Pete 12-15-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayscode390 (Post 156997)
I guess I should pull the plug on this.

Im having issues with the seller.

I sent him 5 emails within 3 hours this morning asking questions ... so when we met up it would be a lot smoother.

Well, I guess I pissed him off or was annoying him ... because his last email was " lets just forget this, good luck in your search ".

HAHAH ... wow. I asked him why "Lingenfelter" wasn't engraved in the top of his intake manifold like all the other LPE package cars I have seen pictures of. He told me he had paperwork of the service, and that I was wrong in my research.

Oh well, maybe I will keep an eye out and grab one of these later.

Probably a LPE car if its a 1990/1991/1992 ... or a stocker for the 93/94/95 cars with the higher HP engine combo.

The reason I was so excited about this particular deal was the guy is 10 minutes up the street from me.

Im just looking for a car under 100k miles for $20k or less.

Thank you all for your time/help ---

He wasn't wrong, some early LPE Z's did not have engraving.
If you took down the year and last 4 digits of VIN you can call LPE and they would give you the scoop on it.

Oh well search goes on.

Good luck.

Pete