ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   Japan (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Shelby Series 1 finally mounted (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33084)

HAWAIIZR-1 06-05-2021 07:47 PM

Shelby Series 1 finally mounted

4 Attachment(s)
Always wanting to be different, I modded my Shelby Series 1s with a different shade of silver powder coating since the original paint is so thin. I acquired black bolts since the Shelby?s came new with mismatched bolts and I wanted the ?black? accents. I didn?t like the center cap so took advice from -=Jeff=- as to ?how to? modify with bow tie center cap. Attachment 15933Attachment 15934Attachment 15935Attachment 15936

dredgeguy 06-06-2021 06:39 AM

Re: Shelby Series 1 finally mounted

Looks great Craig, both the wheels and the shine on the car! Enjoy them.

Erik 06-06-2021 09:31 AM

That really looks fantastic. Those wheels are a perfect match for the ZR-1.

tf95ZR1 06-10-2021 02:12 AM

Looks great, Craig!
I don't think Shelby's look cheap at all
or are easily found. Did they fit over
your calipers right out of the box?

And...

COOL LOOKING 49th Street (B. Henderson) panels!

Ted

conesare2seconds 06-10-2021 07:55 PM

Just curious about the body kit - what?s the story there? I recognize the 49th Street rockers. Were the other panels part of a larger 49th Street kit that was once available, or are they something else? I don?t recall seeing them before and they look really good.

HAWAIIZR-1 09-04-2021 03:07 PM

Shelby Series 1 finally mounted

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dredgeguy (Post 324038)
Looks great Craig, both the wheels and the shine on the car! Enjoy them.

Thanks for your thoughts Charlie! I can?t wait to get back so I can actually drive the car again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik (Post 324052)
That really looks fantastic. Those wheels are a perfect match for the ZR-1.

Thanks. I finally got the look I was after.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tf95ZR1 (Post 324263)
Looks great, Craig!

I don't think Shelby's look cheap at all

or are easily found. Did they fit over

your calipers right out of the box?

And...

COOL LOOKING 49th Street (B. Henderson) panels!

Ted

Thanks Ted! The Shelby?s look good, but to be honest I was disappointed at the quality of the wheels overall. But they were $700 for the set back in the day so I should have known. No, not originally and I had to play with the offset and spacers. The pad is a low design so not much for clearance depending on the calipers. I must say I just love the 49th Street BFR Rockers. Probably my most favorite mod on the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by conesare2seconds (Post 324288)
Just curious about the body kit - what?s the story there? I recognize the 49th Street rockers. Were the other panels part of a larger 49th Street kit that was once available, or are they something else? I don?t recall seeing them before and they look really good.

Thanks for your thoughts. The front bumper is a BSM Yokohama from Japan. I got it off a wrecked C4 for $300, but it needed major repair. Even the rear bumper skirt has no relation to the 49th Street rocker. The rear part of the ACI Vette GTO kit.

Attachment 16225Attachment 16226Attachment 16228

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

HAWAIIZR-1 09-04-2021 03:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by conesare2seconds (Post 324288)

This is my friend?s car with the full BSM Yokohama body kit. One of the nicer ones ever made for the C4s. The rear is just a bumper cover so everything underneath is stock bumper.

Attachment 16229Attachment 16230Attachment 16231

viper107 09-08-2021 03:01 PM

how do you guys get by without out of roundness when switching the factory off set? i switched mine and the vibration shook me out of my seat,way out of round. i cannot believe i am the only one, my wheels are new

HAWAIIZR-1 09-09-2021 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper107 (Post 326935)
how do you guys get by without out of roundness when switching the factory off set? i switched mine and the vibration shook me out of my seat,way out of round. i cannot believe i am the only one, my wheels are new

When I did my swap from what they came stock (mine are new too), I marked everything to put the center back to the place when bolting it back onto the barrels. One of the wheels did require more weights than the others to spin balance after tires were mounted.

To be honest, I was not able to drive the car before or after the swap from inside to outside. For all I know there will be vibration? According to the shop that balanced them they are good to go.

I assume you rebalanced your wheels after swapping the center position? Maybe check how the wheels spin without tires if they can?t balance with tires? Maybe one of the other Shelby 1 owners from the general or technical can post their results. I know Locobob and -=Jeff=- have both played around with centers mount inside and outside the barrels.

viper107 09-09-2021 02:56 PM

ok thanks