ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   NOS ZR-1 IR blocker windshields (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22232)

Hog 02-05-2014 12:50 PM

NOS ZR-1 IR blocker windshields

Hypothetically speaking, if someone had a crate of 10 NOS(New Old Stock) ZR-1 service windshields free of any visible delamination, the ones with the IR blocker and cutouts for the radar detectors, what would each windshield be worth?

Were there any differences between US and Canadian Export windshields?

Besides visual markings like date codes, what were the differnces in the windshields over the 6 year run?

thanks guys.

We Gone 02-05-2014 12:53 PM

Re: NOS ZR-1 IR blocker windshields

The early windshields have a wider opening. Later is narrow. Don't remember what year they changed I'm sure someone will post up.

GOLDCYLON 02-05-2014 12:54 PM

1000 and up 1500 prob close guessitimate

The only difference should be the size of the cutout Larger for the earlier and small for for the later Zs. 90s and 91s had the larger cutout. Dont know when the size changed

efnfast 02-05-2014 01:03 PM

Hypothetically Hog?

John Boothby 02-05-2014 01:06 PM

I want on the list

dredgeguy 02-05-2014 02:33 PM

I have a 92 and mine has the wider cutout

GOLDCYLON 02-05-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dredgeguy (Post 195033)
I have a 92 and mine has the wider cutout

I know 94-95 have the smaller cutout. 93 might be the breakpoint year

WVZR-1 02-05-2014 02:56 PM

SPO mentions '93 to EOP for the later sizing.

It might be interesting if someone has something other than the "expected" they mention the date code from the windshield "bug". That should determine I'd think if it were an OE build or not.

The date codes could be very interesting for the '93+ builds. It might indicate just how much product Pilkington manufactured in batches for the glass. The earlier years the windshield date codes followed very close to those of the side glass as all of the rest of the C4 production BUT with the limited run of the last three model years maybe that's not the case.

A side note - the VIN ID on the transparent tops has intrigued me for a very long time. The 1 - preceding the last 8 of the VIN I never was able to resolve to my satisfaction but I believe I've sorted that out for myself to something I believe likely while checking an engine code for someone.

The 1 - I believe signifies the "car line" that the top was constructed for. 1 - is the VIN identifier for Chevrolet. If that digit were a 2 - it would have been a Pontiac "identifier". That sequencing was used for engine VIN derivatives for LT1 engines later that could have gone to multiple care lines. For earlier VIN derivatives for engines I don't know. I've never checked but I would assume so.

Carline codes: 1 - Chevrolet, 2 - Pontiac, 3 - Oldsmobile, 4 - Buick, 6 - Cadillac

Z06scentair 02-05-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog (Post 195020)
Hypothetically speaking, if someone had a crate of 10 NOS(New Old Stock) ZR-1 service windshields free of any visible delamination, the ones with the IR blocker and cutouts for the radar detectors, what would each windshield be worth?

Were there any differences between US and Canadian Export windshields?

Besides visual markings like date codes, what were the differnces in the windshields over the 6 year run?

thanks guys.

Hypothetically? Please elaborate.

No difference between US and Canada.

As stated above 1990-1992 were a larger cutout, and 1993-1995 were the smaller cutout.

Blue Flame Restorations 02-05-2014 06:01 PM

I have one brand new one in a crate but would be interested in another one...or two????