ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Region (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Mid Texas meet anyone? (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23672)

Fully Vetted 08-28-2014 10:05 PM

Mid Texas meet anyone?

Hey, guys. So, I have some sort of plan if you guys want to chip in. I was thinking the weekend of 9/20 and in Buffalo, Tx. Why Buffalo? It is dead middle of Dallas and Houston right on I45 which makes it pretty close to Austin as well. It should be centrally located enough to pull from all 3 cities and even SA. I haven't been to Buffalo but their web site says they have a couple of parks. If you guys are interested I'll make some calls and make sure the park doesn't have a flea market going on or a Summer Craft Fair or anything.

If you have a better suggestion for a locale I'm open. I'm thinking we just bring a chair and a cooler of whatever you want to eat and drink and we meet like 11 o'clock or something. We can hang for a couple of hours and then even do a drive if you want. Or, not. Again, I'm open.

Give me some feedback, let's hammer this out and then I'll put it together. We've got a lot of new members and owners here in Texas so let's all get together, talk shop and do some smoky burnouts! (Actually, forget that last part. Tires are way too expensive and I can do a burnout in my Wrangler so it proves nothing. Although it is fun).

MickeyD 08-29-2014 09:26 AM

Re: Mid Texas meet anyone?

Buffalo is good for me. In.

diamond zr1 08-30-2014 01:28 AM

David/If you can push it back a couple weeks I will be headed down from Diamond Lake Wa. summer home/bringing my steel blue 90 down/could we get Glen and Mark up that way?Glen should be back by then,he is stopping by here sept 6 thru 8th for my pig bbq/joe

Fully Vetted 08-30-2014 12:51 PM

What date will you be available, Joe? I've gotten a lot of interest in doing it on the 20th.

diamond zr1 08-30-2014 01:14 PM

The 20th would be to early for us,as we will be arriving about then/we will have at least a week to unload and get the house set up/we are thinking of doing a pig bbq down our way later,probably rope Corey into firing up the dyno too/Let me try to get hold of Mark,he should be back from Carlile/mabe you could do your thing on the 20th/and we could do something oct. or nov.down San Antonio way,which would be closer for the Houston guys/I am bringing my pig bbqer down with me//There is a race at circuit of the Americas on Oct.10th to 12th//U.S. vintage national championship//we went last year/vettes/cobras/mustangs etc../real cool//joe

Fully Vetted 08-30-2014 04:53 PM

That sounds great, Joe. The point of doing Buffalo was to get a local that was central to 3 major cities: Dallas - 110 miles, Houston - 130 miles and Austin - 140 miles. That should pull a decent number of owners depending on schedules.

Post up when you're ready to do a cook out and I'll try and plan on a trip down.

Anyone planning on coming please post up so the ones on the fence can see what they may miss.

USAZR1 08-30-2014 06:58 PM

Probably have to pass on this one. :(

Fully Vetted 08-30-2014 11:19 PM

I understand, Clint. I'd still like to do something for the north guys. The Decatur run still sounds fun.

USAZR1 08-31-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted (Post 211105)
I understand, Clint. I'd still like to do something for the north guys. The Decatur run still sounds fun.

Not a problem,David. We'll make it happen.

LeonMBarnes 08-31-2014 07:43 PM

Believe I can do 9/20 in Buffalo. Sign me up.