ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Headers (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33744)

NVRL8TE 01-13-2022 12:38 AM

Headers

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone used either of these with good success?

HAWAIIZR-1 01-13-2022 01:39 AM

Headers

Sorry, I know this does not answer your question. Just in case you are not aware, if you are a Registry member there is a good discount for Stainless Works headers while buying made in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

NVRL8TE 01-13-2022 08:24 AM

Re: Headers

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 (Post 329992)
Sorry, I know this does not answer your question. Just in case you are not aware, if you are a Registry member there is a good discount for Stainless Works headers while buying made in the USA.

Thanks!!! I?ve been meaning to call, I think John, to register.

jw63 01-13-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 (Post 329992)

I was also unaware of this. Can anyone share the process of accessing the discount with Stainless Works?

Is there a forum section / post anywhere that lists any other vendors that offer registry discounts for members?

HAWAIIZR-1 01-13-2022 10:34 AM

Headers

1 Attachment(s)
Here is how to get the discount from Hans? old post.Attachment 17066

sleazy rider 01-20-2022 11:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
just be aware that stainless works will only sell headers with cats. i went thru the registry and got mine fabbed up last year, 3" all the way back to the resonator. then i had them jet hot coated.

NVRL8TE 01-21-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleazy rider (Post 330218)
just be aware that stainless works will only sell headers with cats. i went thru the registry and got mine fabbed up last year, 3" all the way back to the resonator. then i had them jet hot coated.

I do not want cats.

Mr Blue 01-21-2022 10:41 AM

I have the Maximizer headers on my 91. Good quality and fit. I had to dimple #1 pipe to clear the steering shaft. I am in the Akron area if you would like to take a look.

NVRL8TE 01-23-2022 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Blue (Post 330224)
I have the Maximizer headers on my 91. Good quality and fit. I had to dimple #1 pipe to clear the steering shaft. I am in the Akron area if you would like to take a look.

I would actually love to!

Jcsws6 01-23-2022 05:52 PM

I recently installed a set of Maximizers on one of my cars and really like them. The quality was better than the last set of SW I bought. As Mr. Blue said, you need to dimple for the steering shaft a bit. You also need to make the little bracket to offset the dipstick tub. I plan to install a few more sets of them in the future.

As a side note, the OBX catback isn't bad either. You need to replace all the clamps, but the build quality is good.