ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Southern California owners? (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28280)

Blackbelt 09-14-2017 09:25 PM

Southern California owners?

Any Southern California owners in here? Trying to put together a So Cal ZR-1 get together some time soon. I'm in Menifee Riverside County with a 91 ZR-1. Anyone else?

tnova 09-15-2017 09:20 AM

Re: Southern California owners?

Yes, in Poway, a suburb of San Diego. At least for another month as I'm moving to Spokane Valley, WA in late October. My '91 ZR-1 in pieces now for an engine and suspension rebuild. When GVD finishes the heads I was going to host a cam timing tech event at my house, assuming I haven't sold it yet. Ted Kerr would be interested also.
Tnova - Tony

Blackbelt 09-15-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnova (Post 267628)
Yes, in Poway, a suburb of San Diego. At least for another month as I'm moving to Spokane Valley, WA in late October. My '91 ZR-1 in pieces now for an engine and suspension rebuild. When GVD finishes the heads I was going to host a cam timing tech event at my house, assuming I haven't sold it yet. Ted Kerr would be interested also.
Tnova - Tony

I would love to go to that event if you have it! Please keep me updated. You know of any other local guys?

Paul Workman 09-15-2017 10:50 AM

Wish I wuz out there to join ya! I lived in SD for 12 years and did my best to explore all the twisty back roads California has to offer while straddling a motorcycle. Most of the paved roads (at that time) were in excellent condition. (Wish I could say that for more Illinois back roads!:cry:)

Some of my favorite memories that hang with me still (some almost 5 decades later) are the scenic roads to Ramona, San Ysabel, Julian, Mt Palomar, Mt Laguna (over-look to the desert), Descanso to Julian to Laguna to Pine Valley, Mt San Jacinto St Park (Rt 243 thru the park, in particular), and many places in between.

Added thought: A ZR-1 event, yes for sure. But! as discovered with the Mountain Run (MR1, 2, 3, etc) when the invitation was extended to other Corvette clubs in subsequent years, the whole event was enriched - because (IMO) it was more about the people with similar passions that added so much to the trips. (Just a thought for future gatherings?)

Course...if there's no pictures...IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!:cheers:

Blackbelt 09-15-2017 11:15 AM

Paul,

I started a Facebook group for all generations corvette owners in So Cal. I'm all about getting together with people of similar passions. I own a LT4 C4 and C6 Z06 as well so I'm all about sharing the experience. It's a shame you aren't still around and those are great drives you shared for sure!

If you ever make it out to this area again let us know!

-=Jeff=- 09-15-2017 01:53 PM

They are all black too right? i think I have seen some of your FB posts

Blackbelt 09-15-2017 02:11 PM

Jeff,

I have a black ZR-1 and Black C6 Z06. Also a white 96 LT4

A1990 09-15-2017 02:31 PM

Ted Feder, the Registry's Event Chairman is in Northridge

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

Blackbelt 09-15-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1990 (Post 267638)
Ted Feder, the Registry's Event Chairman is in Northridge

Any way of connecting with him?

A1990 09-15-2017 03:09 PM

Email is tfed11@earthlink.net. I will also email him and alert him of this thread