ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Skunk is in the hospital... (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18140)

C4Fanatic 08-14-2012 11:28 PM

The Skunk is in the hospital...

Wish me luck...hope I don't have to sell a kidney to get it out!!!

LGAFF 08-14-2012 11:28 PM

Re: The Skunk is in the hospital...

whats the diagnosis?

C4Fanatic 08-15-2012 12:02 AM

Don't know yet.

Developed an oil leak up in the front, passenger side, probably one of those many sensors.
And has developed a miss/stumble/stammer, whatever you want to call it. But it doesn't seem to be spark, but more fuel related. Will "hunt" for an idle speed at a stop light sometimes, other times it wants to idle around 1800 rpm, like it has a vacuum leak. And driving down the freeway I could feel it surging at speed, which really bothered me.

Totally bummed at this point.

mike100 08-15-2012 12:34 PM

On my car, those same problems ended up being
1) leaky oil cooler lines
2) popped off purge solenoid vacuum line
3) injectors (but item #2 was more like the your description)

Blue Flame Restorations 08-15-2012 01:39 PM

My throttle body does the "hunt for a idle speed" thing until I blip the throttle. Sending it to Marc tomorrow for a rebuild.

A1990 08-15-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations (Post 147877)
My throttle body does the "hunt for a idle speed" thing until I blip the throttle. Sending it to Marc tomorrow for a rebuild.

Sent mine to Marc two years ago for the same problem. Works perfectly since.

Paul Workman 08-15-2012 05:56 PM

Which "hospital" did you send it to??

Sounds like some smallish stuff being bigger than the sum of it's parts. The leak - wouldn't be surprised if it was the low pressure (idiot light) switch.

Throttle body prolly needs to be re-bushed or something like that.

No worries. You be fine. Da "skunk" will terrorize again!

P.

XfireZ51 08-15-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Flame Restorations (Post 147877)

Very likely stickin throttle like mine earlier this year. Marc repositioned the throttle plates and installed helper spring to make sure it closes.

Blue Flame Restorations 08-15-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XfireZ51 (Post 147896)
Very likely stickin throttle like mine earlier this year. Marc repositioned the throttle plates and installed helper spring to make sure it closes.

I've done the grease on the plates trick, spray grease on the shaft ends and blipping the throttle all to make it better. The grease only lasts about a week. Runs great right after lubrication though.

Taking it off and boxing it up in a few minutes. Shipping to Marc tomorrow morning.

C4Fanatic 08-15-2012 06:29 PM

Tried the "blip" fix, no help. If it was just the high idle it would have me headed toward the throttle body. But the surge/stumble on acceleration and then surging at cruise speed on the freeway has me leaning a different direction.
Injectors have approximately 27,000miles on them as do the coil packs and wires. Mike had just changed all that right before he sold it to me. So, I hope it's none of that stuff.

Figure the oil leak is the Low Oil sensor, becuase I keep getting that message intermittently.

Don't think she's real crazy about being a daily driver in this Vegas heat, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.