ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   passenger seat won't go back and forth (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12071)

91vettezr1 06-02-2010 06:51 PM

passenger seat won't go back and forth

hi
took out driver seat (94 zr-1 sport seats.) to put on new seat cover, after putting it back in the car , the passenger side seat doesn't go back and forth. when i use the switch from passenger to driver, just the driver seat moves. the driver even moves when i click the switch to passenger only. other features ,bolsters,air pump etc work ok. i checked all the fuses, read a thread about switching connectors on drivers side, that can't be done since they are colored coded and only go one way. i confirmed that are in the right harnesses. i also switched around relays on the drivers side,checked connection at seat switch.
i was thinking maybe the switch was bad but the seat was fine before i took out driver seat, any help would be appreciated. driving me crazy. now the passenger side is stuck half way .
todd

phrogs 06-02-2010 08:11 PM

Re: passenger seat won't go back and forth

the seat track has a seperate plug is it pluged in?

91vettezr1 06-02-2010 08:26 PM

hi
i didn't unplug anything on the passsenger seat. so i guess you mean the plug for the drivers seat. i am at work right now and don't have the seat right in front of me. i remember seeing 2 connectors which are plugged in,there is also a white connector near the pump hoses, that too is connected. i think that's all there is.
thanks
todd

phrogs 06-03-2010 12:10 AM

no there should be another plug at the motor for the seat track but im not sure what would cause it to not work if everything is pluged in.

91vettezr1 06-03-2010 12:30 AM

well i was on the corvetteforum and i was reading a bunch of old threads. every thread seems to say to switch the 2 connectors under the drivers seat. i connected the 2 connectors with matching colored wires. they are saying to do the opposite. i am going to try it when i get home. this has to be the problem. don't know why gm would wire the car this way
todd

VetteMed 06-04-2010 02:12 PM

Todd, that problem got me too in my 94. The colors aren't supposed to match up, if you match like to like, you'll get the results you found. Switch the plugs, you'll be good to go.

GOLDCYLON 06-04-2010 02:31 PM

Counterintuitive isn't it? Color scheme must of been thought up by the same engineer that designed the C4 around the Heater core.

Meanmyz 07-21-2015 11:31 AM

I just wanted to resurrect this thread to say THANK YOU to you guys that provided the answer. This thread is still paying dividends...at least it did for me.

I am just finishing up and interior project and had put the seats in and was just sick at the thought of having to tear things apart again for a diagnose and repair (passenger seat wouldn't work/driver seat moves regardless of seat setting).

The driver side seat track connections were plugged in wrong and have to be plugged into their different wire color connections.

Thank you!

VetteMed 07-21-2015 11:35 AM

That seat wiring is the gift that keeps on giving. Somewhere, there's a retired gm engineer laughing about that wiring.

Meanmyz 07-21-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteMed (Post 229493)
That seat wiring is the gift that keeps on giving. Somewhere, there's a retired gm engineer laughing about that wiring.

I was pretty sick about this on Saturday afternoon. I have been at this da_n project since late January and need to get the project done and the car on the road!

Earth is back on it's proper axis and I am a happy camper again! :cheers: