ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Region (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Mid Texas Holiday gathering (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27162)

MickeyD 12-01-2016 08:11 AM

Re: Mid Texas Holiday gathering

I'm ok with getting there at 930. I have a teen bonfire at my house at 700pm so earlier is better. Steve, Don, Ike? Anyone else in Houston area that wants to go, PM me and I'll get you in the loop.

Leroy1 12-02-2016 12:12 AM

I will be there.

S. L. Sikes, '91 Dark Red / Saddle

Maybe.

Mary Jane Sikes, '91 Polo Green Saddle

Fully Vetted 12-02-2016 06:37 AM

Leroy, did you make a Buffalo event before or is this your first one?

Leroy1 12-02-2016 06:03 PM

1st time in Buffalo.

Fully Vetted 12-02-2016 07:13 PM

Ok. I was confusing you with someone that came last year. Greenvine, Tx. Now that's a spot in the road. You're not far from Roundtop, right?

MickeyD 12-02-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted (Post 252785)
Ok. I was confusing you with someone that came last year. Greenvine, Tx. Now that's a spot in the road. You're not far from Roundtop, right?

Dave, Leroy was one that broke down on us last year headed to Driftwood. L

Leroy1 12-03-2016 02:00 PM

Greenvine is smaller than a spot in the road; more like a microdot. It is located near the big towns of Klump and Latchum. Round Top is about 10 miles south of Greenvine.

Last year I lost all electrical power on the way to Driftwood. The nut on the terminal post to the rear of the battery came loose (the terminal post where several fusible links connect).

Drove the car to Michigan and back last September with no issues. Hopefully it will make a few more miles next weekend.

MickeyD 12-03-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy1 (Post 252844)
Greenvine is smaller than a spot in the road; more like a microdot. It is located near the big towns of Klump and Latchum. Round Top is about 10 miles south of Greenvine.

Last year I lost all electrical power on the way to Driftwood. The nut on the terminal post to the rear of the battery came loose (the terminal post where several fusible links connect).

Drove the car to Michigan and back last September with no issues. Hopefully it will make a few more miles next weekend.

Glad you are joining us!

MickeyD 12-04-2016 08:07 AM

Hey guys, let's make this a big one. We had six last May. Think we have 6 or 7 as of right now. For the new guys, pot luck is usually the order of the day. We can always go get something if not. Pavilion at park is fairly large in case it rains. Bring your chairs. We usually talk shop, family and biz. Great time to meet other Z guys in the state. Always a great time.

Fully Vetted 12-05-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leroy1 (Post 252844)

Yes, I remember now. I'm glad you'll be making this trip.

I think this one is going to shatter last year. We COULD have as many as 9-10. Dan is bringing his IROC (not your typical IROC as you might guess with Dan owning it). We could have a couple from the SA area as well. And these are some very special cars.