ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Region (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Mid Texas meet anyone? (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23672)

Fully Vetted 08-28-2014 10:05 PM

Mid Texas meet anyone?

Hey, guys. So, I have some sort of plan if you guys want to chip in. I was thinking the weekend of 9/20 and in Buffalo, Tx. Why Buffalo? It is dead middle of Dallas and Houston right on I45 which makes it pretty close to Austin as well. It should be centrally located enough to pull from all 3 cities and even SA. I haven't been to Buffalo but their web site says they have a couple of parks. If you guys are interested I'll make some calls and make sure the park doesn't have a flea market going on or a Summer Craft Fair or anything.

If you have a better suggestion for a locale I'm open. I'm thinking we just bring a chair and a cooler of whatever you want to eat and drink and we meet like 11 o'clock or something. We can hang for a couple of hours and then even do a drive if you want. Or, not. Again, I'm open.

Give me some feedback, let's hammer this out and then I'll put it together. We've got a lot of new members and owners here in Texas so let's all get together, talk shop and do some smoky burnouts! (Actually, forget that last part. Tires are way too expensive and I can do a burnout in my Wrangler so it proves nothing. Although it is fun).

MickeyD 08-29-2014 09:26 AM

Re: Mid Texas meet anyone?

Buffalo is good for me. In.

diamond zr1 08-30-2014 01:28 AM

David/If you can push it back a couple weeks I will be headed down from Diamond Lake Wa. summer home/bringing my steel blue 90 down/could we get Glen and Mark up that way?Glen should be back by then,he is stopping by here sept 6 thru 8th for my pig bbq/joe

Fully Vetted 08-30-2014 12:51 PM

What date will you be available, Joe? I've gotten a lot of interest in doing it on the 20th.

diamond zr1 08-30-2014 01:14 PM

The 20th would be to early for us,as we will be arriving about then/we will have at least a week to unload and get the house set up/we are thinking of doing a pig bbq down our way later,probably rope Corey into firing up the dyno too/Let me try to get hold of Mark,he should be back from Carlile/mabe you could do your thing on the 20th/and we could do something oct. or nov.down San Antonio way,which would be closer for the Houston guys/I am bringing my pig bbqer down with me//There is a race at circuit of the Americas on Oct.10th to 12th//U.S. vintage national championship//we went last year/vettes/cobras/mustangs etc../real cool//joe

Fully Vetted 08-30-2014 04:53 PM

That sounds great, Joe. The point of doing Buffalo was to get a local that was central to 3 major cities: Dallas - 110 miles, Houston - 130 miles and Austin - 140 miles. That should pull a decent number of owners depending on schedules.

Post up when you're ready to do a cook out and I'll try and plan on a trip down.

Anyone planning on coming please post up so the ones on the fence can see what they may miss.

USAZR1 08-30-2014 06:58 PM

Probably have to pass on this one. :(

Fully Vetted 08-30-2014 11:19 PM

I understand, Clint. I'd still like to do something for the north guys. The Decatur run still sounds fun.

USAZR1 08-31-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted (Post 211105)
I understand, Clint. I'd still like to do something for the north guys. The Decatur run still sounds fun.

Not a problem,David. We'll make it happen.

LeonMBarnes 08-31-2014 07:43 PM

Believe I can do 9/20 in Buffalo. Sign me up.

MickeyD 09-01-2014 09:44 AM

David are you gonna post this on CF when we confirm a date. I know at least one from Houston that is not on the Registry but is there.

Thanks

Fully Vetted 09-03-2014 08:20 AM

Yeah, I can do that.

So, I've had enough interest to go ahead and work out the details. Right now we're about 5-6 strong which is good enough to call about the park. I'll do that over the next couple of days and get it posted on CF as well.

There are a few I was hoping could make it:

Austin John
Russell
Carter
USAFPILOT
Pantera1683

If anybody talks to any of these guys let them know what's going on.

I'll get back with more details...

MickeyD 09-05-2014 08:09 AM

Do you think a thread needs to be started in General Postings? I'll get hold or rhipsher and couple others.

Thanks

Fully Vetted 09-05-2014 05:11 PM

Thanks, that'd be great. I posted in General Postings. I just reposted to bring it to the top.

MickeyD 09-05-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted (Post 211566)
Thanks, that'd be great. I posted in General Postings. I just reposted to bring it to the top.

I have me and one other from CF. Gonna try to get a Houston caravan going. If anyone from Houston is going. Post up or PM me and I'll get a plan together on a meeting place.

Fully Vetted 09-06-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyD (Post 211587)
I have me and one other from CF. Gonna try to get a Houston caravan going. If anyone from Houston is going. Post up or PM me and I'll get a plan together on a meeting place.

So, which car are you bringing?

MickeyD 09-06-2014 06:02 PM

Prolly red 90.

Fully Vetted 09-08-2014 01:05 PM

Ok, it's set. I just talked to the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce and they have 2 parks. The Buffalo Stampede festival is in one park (downtown) but the other park was the one I was thinking of. There is a pavilion we can use and plenty of parking with restrooms. It's on the Northbound service road between 79 and 164. It's called Shelley Pate Park:

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=2683

Houston group take the 79 exit, turn right and then turn left onto the service road. It's right up on the right where the water tower is.

Dallas group take the 164 exit, cross over the hwy and turn right on the 2 way service road. It's down on the left.

Austin group will probably come in on 79.

There is actually a car show going on at the festival at the other park so maybe we can crash that if we feel like it. It's being put on by the local Porsche club I believe she said (her husband has a Porsche but she is a big Corvette fan).

Any questions let me know...

RUSSELL 09-09-2014 06:04 PM

Hey David I will try and make it. Little early for me to make plans. Does sound like a lot of fun.

Fully Vetted 09-09-2014 07:08 PM

Awesome! See if you can get Carter to follow you out. He should get out more. Tell him it's therapeutic.

RUSSELL 09-10-2014 09:03 AM

I will try. He's like a hermit crab never leaves his house. In agree that he need to get out and get some sun. He's a little pasty from lack of direct sun light.

MickeyD 09-11-2014 07:46 AM

Come on Houston guys! Lets get a caravan together. We can do better than this.

Fully Vetted 09-11-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSSELL (Post 211870)
I will try. He's like a hermit crab never leaves his house. In agree that he need to get out and get some sun. He's a little pasty from lack of direct sun light.

I know how to fix that. Next GTG will be at Carters!

carter200 09-11-2014 11:52 PM

OMG.....you guys are brutal :p

Russ called and we discussed the gathering. Told him I would try to be there but right after he called the wife called me (she's a teacher and teaches in another town, 150 miles away and that's one way), and she pulled something in her back and was going to the emergency room. She is currently on heavy meds and told to take it easy for the next week to see if it gets better before going under the knife which is what happened last time I received a call like this.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed all goes well........

USAZR1 09-12-2014 03:00 AM

Carter,if you can make it,I'll try my best to attend,also. I just got out of the hospital last night and can't drive for a week but I'll certainly do my best to make it.

Fully Vetted 09-12-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter200 (Post 212035)
OMG.....you guys are brutal :p

Russ called and we discussed the gathering. Told him I would try to be there but right after he called the wife called me (she's a teacher and teaches in another town, 150 miles away and that's one way), and she pulled something in her back and was going to the emergency room. She is currently on heavy meds and told to take it easy for the next week to see if it gets better before going under the knife which is what happened last time I received a call like this.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed all goes well........

Your adoring fans are demanding a cameo! In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your wife. Having had 2 back surgeries by the ripe old age of 45 I completely understand. Take care of your wife first and if you can make it, great. If you can't, we should be at your place by around 1:00! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAZR1 (Post 212046)
Carter,if you can make it,I'll try my best to attend,also. I just got out of the hospital last night and can't drive for a week but I'll certainly do my best to make it.

I know it's a long haul for you. If you can't make it we understand.

carter200 09-12-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted (Post 212063)
Your adoring fans are demanding a cameo! In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your wife. Having had 2 back surgeries by the ripe old age of 45 I completely understand. Take care of your wife first and if you can make it, great. If you can't, we should be at your place by around 1:00! ;)

I know it's a long haul for you. If you can't make it we understand.

Clint, you need to take care of yourself first. The next gathering will e here before you know it.

Thanks for the kind thoughts......

Spartan1510 09-14-2014 11:10 AM

David,

I've had this on my radar but am not going to be able to join on the 20th. Long story short is that we have two young kids and I'm an assistant on the boy's baseball team. He has a game next Saturday which conflicts with the meet up in Buffalo (I've been silent while waiting on the game schedule with times.). I was at Cars and Coffee this past Saturday which works well for me since it theoretically starts at 6:30am. And his game last weekend didn't start until 2pm.

There was a red ZR-1 parked at Dallas C&C last weekend, not sure if that owner is on here. I probably hovered and walked around that car 10 times hoping to catch the owner.

Still looking forward to meeting more of the Corvette family and fellow ZR-1 owners.

Grant
Spartan1510
'94 Black ZR-1

Fully Vetted 09-14-2014 11:18 PM

Grant, that's fine. I understand. That's an important commitment. We'll do another one soon.

I was C&C as well and I saw that Z as he was leaving. His license plate was 19 90. He drove right by me and he has a ZR-1Net Registry sticker on the back glass. Anyone know who he is?

LeonMBarnes 09-15-2014 01:33 PM

I am in for this Saturday. Is there a plan for a Houston convoy?

USAZR1 09-15-2014 04:01 PM

How many are going to the gathering from the D/FW metro area?

MickeyD 09-15-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonMBarnes (Post 212295)
I am in for this Saturday. Is there a plan for a Houston convoy?

Yes. PM sent

Fully Vetted 09-15-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAZR1 (Post 212299)
How many are going to the gathering from the D/FW metro area?

Right now its just me! I sent Frank Shelton a message. Hopefully, he can make it. Who's the guy in Rowlett? He's in my town and I've never seen him around. Does he drive his car much?

USAZR1 09-16-2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted (Post 212318)
Who's the guy in Rowlett? He's in my town and I've never seen him around. Does he drive his car much?

Richard Mynatt. He owns a red 92 that he bought new. I don't think Rich has driven it much lately so we need to give him a good reason to start getting the car out,again.

MickeyD 09-19-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted (Post 212318)
Right now its just me! I sent Frank Shelton a message. Hopefully, he can make it. Who's the guy in Rowlett? He's in my town and I've never seen him around. Does he drive his car much?

David, we have 3. Leaving at 10am. You have it set for 11am, correct? How many do we have by your count?

Fully Vetted 09-19-2014 08:24 AM

Yes, 11:00 AM. I believe we are 6 strong right now. I'll be leaving early (8:30) but I'm a little farther and want to get there early.

So, the plan right now is bring a cooler with whatever you want to eat and drink. We can decide at some point if we want to go for a drive or whatever. It's just kind of off the cuff for now. More or less an opportunity to meet everyone.

There is a brand new pavilion where we will be but I would bring a chair just in case. Hopefully, I can find a nice shady spot to park the cars.

You guys be safe and we'll see you tomorrow!

Fully Vetted 09-20-2014 11:24 PM

Thanks to Dan, Mike, Leon and Steve (and his beautiful bride) for taking the time to make this meet happen. It was great meeting you guys and Leon... don't be afraid to lay into that beast. Believe me, she can take it.

Here a couple of pics...

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=2700

Red was definitely the color of the day. Leon's (first in above pic) is a well preserved 9K mile original '94 that he just picked up this month.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=2701

It took Dan's rare Polo II Green and The Beast to keep it from being a clean sweep!

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=2702

And of course, the motley Texas Crew (myself, Dan, Mike, Leon and Steve).

We had a great visit. Steve and his wife made sure we were all well fed. Even though Mike had to make his own plate. So sad ;(

Weather was perfect. Park was perfect. Visit was perfect. You are all a great group of people and we are honored to have you in the club.

Leon...you're officially one of the Crew, now. Welcome!

JimZRyd 09-21-2014 03:25 PM

Nice pics David! Wish I was closer!