ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Help with FX3 actuators/faults (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35240)

CDC 04-09-2024 09:17 AM

Help with FX3 actuators/faults

Hi team

I currently have someone working on my car for me and he believes two of my shock actuators are fautly and require replacing. He said these two bring up a fault code saying "out of time". He believes this relates to their start up sequence and he can confirm the two correctly functioning actuators do some sort of rotation on startup and then a reverse sweep of somesorts, but the two faulty ones never do the reversing. Hard to explain having not seen it personally, but trying my best.

Can anyone relate to the above? Are two of my actuators toast?

Thanks

Charlie

tccrab 04-09-2024 09:30 AM

Re: Help with FX3 actuators/faults

Had a similar issue on my '90.
I removed each actuator, cleaned with WD40, applied a little silicone lube to the gears and put them back on.
Problem went away.

Crabs

CDC 04-09-2024 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tccrab (Post 342600)
Had a similar issue on my '90.
I removed each actuator, cleaned with WD40, applied a little silicone lube to the gears and put them back on.
Problem went away.

Crabs

Thanks - i'll pass this on.

Thomas ZR-1 04-11-2024 01:27 AM

Hi Charlie, the rear actuator you purchased from me some days ago works fine...I checked this before selling to you. And as I explained to you: the plastic gears in the head of the actuator may crack after 30 years...and that`s the reason why they don`t do the reversing. They run in one direction without stopping...until time out. As I told you send me the faulty actuator and I replace the cracked pastic gears into HD aluminuim gears and they will work fine again.

CDC 04-11-2024 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas ZR-1 (Post 342631)
Hi Charlie, the rear actuator you purchased from me some days ago works fine...I checked this before selling to you. And as I explained to you: the plastic gears in the head of the actuator may crack after 30 years...and that`s the reason why they don`t do the reversing. They run in one direction without stopping...until time out. As I told you send me the faulty actuator and I replace the cracked pastic gears into HD aluminuim gears and they will work fine again.

Hi Thomas. I've got no issues with the one you sent me. That's fine. It's two of my other originals actuators. What are your rebuild costs again? Otherwise I'll need to find a front left and rear right replacement.

Thanks

Thomas ZR-1 04-11-2024 02:30 AM

what`s app sent...