ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   Corvette Parts (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   WTB 93-96 Left Front Wheel Sensor (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25534)

LilRedCorvette 08-25-2015 02:24 PM

WTB 93-96 Left Front Wheel Sensor

So the azzhats, I mean, gentlemen who mounted my new set of tires at the shop I used to trust have goofchinked the left front wheel sensor...if anyone has one they'd like to sell, please let me know.

It is the green label/off-white casing for 93-96 Corvettes, GM part number 10161856.

BTW, if anyone knows of a good shop in the NoVa area that has Road Force balancing and won't screw up wheels, please let me know.

Thanks

Mystic ZR-1 08-25-2015 02:50 PM

Re: WTB 93-96 Left Front Wheel Sensor

I may be able to help.
PM me
Going to Carlisle?
I'll be there Thursday pm thru Saturday
Doug

Google Hunter Equipment
They make the best road force balancers
Their website will direct you to the nearest place
that has one of their machines.

Scrrem 08-25-2015 05:51 PM

I think Phil knows a place in n Fairfax that dies Road Force balancing. I'll see if he had the name.
Rich

LilRedCorvette 08-25-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 (Post 231313)
I may be able to help.
PM me
Going to Carlisle?
I'll be there Thursday pm thru Saturday
Doug

Google Hunter Equipment
They make the best road force balancers
Their website will direct you to the nearest place
that has one of their machines.

Yes, heading up for the day on Friday...will PM you right after this post. :cheers:

The shop I used (or now, used to use!) has a Hunter Road Force balancer, but since the ownership of the place changed hands, the quality of service went downhill, even though I gave very specific instructions on how/what needs to be done with regard to these wheels/tires/sensors. I tried searching Hunter's site but it did not appear to have any sort of search capacity for the consumer to locate shops that actually use their equipment (looked more like a website intended for shops to buy/service their equipment). Will keep looking, though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrrem (Post 231336)
I think Phil knows a place in n Fairfax that dies Road Force balancing. I'll see if he had the name.
Rich

Thanks, Rich...much appreciated! :handshak:

Scrrem 08-26-2015 11:48 AM

Laurie, Phil used Curry Auto in Chantilly. He said it's been a while since he used them and the place has changed hands since then, so he couldn't vouch for their work now.
Rich

LilRedCorvette 08-26-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrrem (Post 231364)
Laurie, Phil used Curry Auto in Chantilly. He said it's been a while since he used them and the place has changed hands since then, so he couldn't vouch for their work now.
Rich

That's the shop that fk'ed up the sensor! I've used them for years but since Matt Curry sold it to Mr. Tire, all the good techs are apparently gone.