ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Which brand of street tires are you running on (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6437)

Z Factor 09-07-2008 12:52 PM

Which brand of street tires are you running on

In addition to voting in the poll, please expand on the reason you have them on your ZR-1 (performance, cost, wet weather handling, etc.). If you have different size rims please include that in your post.

:cheers:

32valvZ 09-07-2008 01:02 PM

Re: Which brand of street tires are you running on

Sumitomos were on the car when I bought it. I guess theyre ok, but they spin easily wet or dry w/o ASR When they wear out I may go with the BFG's.

RedSled 09-07-2008 01:39 PM

Sumitomos on my black wheels and the Goodyears on my stock rims. Sumitomos were - available, cheap - not afraid to tear them up on the track. I think they've been fine, especially for the price.

Kevin 09-07-2008 01:42 PM

GSD3's. Heard great things about them before I ditched the GSC's that were on it. They hook well, great dry weather traction, amazing wet weather ride and handling.

JThomas 09-07-2008 01:56 PM

Sumitomos, because they were on the car when I bought it. They are okay, but the rears seem smaller than the standard Goodyears.

Hammer 09-07-2008 02:08 PM

Car #458 has Sumitomos on front and Goodyears in back. Sumitomos went on it right after I got it, price of course.

Car #473 has Goodyears all around. When I bought the car, the owner had his tire shop get the tires and they never put them on. They gave them to me for $630 OTD. They are truckers and the tire shop wasn't making anything on the GY's, they make their money on the truck tires.

For the money Sumitomos (at 1/3 the cost of GY's) have my vote though.

Jagdpanzer 09-07-2008 02:14 PM

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s
IMHO the best all around tire for Z's in terms of looks, ride, tread life, noise, wet/dry performance and handling for a reasonable cost.
Though I would like to try a set of Michelin Pilots one day if my ship ever comes in or Ed shows up at the door.

Jeffvette 09-07-2008 02:24 PM

Running BFG KD's on the car. Phenomenal dry handling and decent wet weather. The car gets used with track days & autoX with those tires as well with great results.

Previous sets of rears lasted 6 years. About to replace the fronts as they have gotten a little hard.

After this next set, I will be running the Kumho 700's as I do not like the goodyear tires, refuse to run either the vederstein and sumitomo tires.

rhipsher 09-07-2008 03:07 PM

I had BFG KDWS before and they spun to easily. So when they wore out I gave the Vredesteins a try and have been very impressed with them. They will not break loose easily in wet or dry unless you pop the clutch at 5000rpm's (which of course I have) just to see what it takes to break them loose and sure enough that did it.

FU 09-07-2008 03:20 PM

F1GSD3's on one. F1SC's on the other.