ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Element Fire Extinguisher/Paypal (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34727)

WARP TEN 05-03-2023 11:22 AM

Element Fire Extinguisher/Paypal

I just got an email regarding the new Heart of the Beast issue and look forward to reading it. The email also recommended buying an Element fire extinguisher, which I tried to do, in fact planned to buy two. However, it seems the ZR-1 Net registry only take Paypal for payment. For a variety of reasons I do not use Paypal. Every other online seller takes either Paypal or credit cards. Why doesn't the Registry take credit cards? I always want to support the Registry but without that capability, I guess I will have to buy the extinguishers elsewhere. --Bob

G-Sting 05-04-2023 07:05 AM

Re: Element Fire Extinguisher/Paypal

I appreciate the good point and question, Bob. I do use PayPal even though I'm not a fan either. Only when I have to, though - so I don't waste more of my time looking for other options.

BTW, these Element 50 fire extinguishers look like an excellent option for a variety of purposes, including having them available in our ZR-1s. (I appreciate the article, Mark!) Yesterday, I ordered 4 of them. One for ZR-1, one for the C-3, one for the house, and one for my son-in-law to put in his '83 911.

tf95ZR1 05-04-2023 05:46 PM

Hi Bob!

I absolutely understand your position regarding Paypal.
As a Board member I will look into the Paypal only issue.
In the mean time, can you have a nearby friend add you
to their order? I'd hate for you to miss out on a lower
price and free shipping.

Ted

Mikey 05-06-2023 08:26 AM

Just bought a 50 and 100. Funny enough my C2 has way more room in the glovebox so that's where it'll go. Probably will keep both in the mud room by the keys so they are in the house if needed inside God forbid!

WARP TEN 05-06-2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tf95ZR1 (Post 338461)
Hi Bob!

I absolutely understand your position regarding Paypal.
As a Board member I will look into the Paypal only issue.
In the mean time, can you have a nearby friend add you
to their order? I'd hate for you to miss out on a lower
price and free shipping.

Ted

Thanks Ted. It does seem strange that the Registry doesn't take credit card payments like everyone else. Don't want to pay the credit card discount? Anyway, no big deal on missing the discount. But it does remind me that I should upgrade my extinguishers--I like the idea of the Elements. --Bob

Locobob 05-08-2023 02:05 AM

I had just been looking at these so when I saw the deal I ordered one for each car.
Once you get to the Paypal screen there's an option to pay with credit card... but I think you have to have a Paypal account to get that far.

Vette Guy 05-09-2023 10:51 PM

Hi Bob,

I recall that the PayPal option took you to a screen that allowed you to choose between logging into your PayPal account or paying with a credit card without having a PayPal account.

I've tried to test here, but I automatically go into PayPal as PayPal recognizes my computer. If this does not work for you, please email me at president@zr1netregistry.com and I will call you at your convenience and process your credit card over the phone.

Regards,
Mark

WARP TEN 05-10-2023 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette Guy (Post 338507)
Hi Bob,

I recall that the PayPal option took you to a screen that allowed you to choose between logging into your PayPal account or paying with a credit card without having a PayPal account.

I've tried to test here, but I automatically go into PayPal as PayPal recognizes my computer. If this does not work for you, please email me at president@zr1netregistry.com and I will call you at your convenience and process your credit card over the phone.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for the kind offer Mark but there is no rush for me on this. I will probably get around to it at some point but no need for it right now. --Bob

Vette Guy 05-10-2023 11:44 AM

FYI - The Group Buy is currently set to expire this weekend.

Vette Guy 05-17-2023 05:27 PM

FYI - The Group Buy is extending until the end of the month. We have not yet reached our goal to achieve the savings we advertised. That said, we have rolled our friends from the GSR into the purchase.

Great item at a great value. Cheap investment as our ZR-1s age, and are used for so much more. What I never realized is that common extinguishers are not for kitchen fires - the Element is.

Also, they make great and practical gifts!

Regards,
Mark