ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northeast Region (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Unofficial Caravan to B. G. (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16950)

tomtom72 03-16-2012 11:36 AM

Unofficial Caravan to B. G.

Here Ye, Here Ye, to all the Northeast ZR-oners that what to try to organize a caravan to BG post up here and we'll try to sort something out that works for all of us.

Anyone up for herding cats? :sign10:

Okay so I'll start since I'm here already!

Going down on Tuesday May 15 at around 6AM and arrive at BG about 8 or 9 PM ( 7 or 8 PM local time ). For me it's a 14 hr trip so I would normally leave NYC/Metro suburbs at around 6 to 6:30 AM.

Coming back to NYC/Metro suburbs on Sunday May 20....leave BG at Oh-dark-thirty as it's the same 14 hrs even though it's all uphill!:wink:

:thumbsup:
Tom

Registration is now open at the NCM website...so go and register!

efnfast 03-16-2012 12:56 PM

Re: Unofficial Caravan to B. G.

Tom, you're about 4 hours from me, so that makes it an 18 hour drive for me. I thought more like 24 hours. So I guess it's a one day trip, but I'll need some breaks. That's a lot of driving.

What do we register for at the NCM?

Steve

FU 03-16-2012 02:02 PM

I'd be leaving out of LI extremely early Wednesday morning if anyone want's to cover my back.

BigJohn 03-16-2012 05:57 PM

What is B.G.???

Blue Grass?
Be Good?
Bumpy Ground?
Blood & Guts?
:blahblah:

Mystic ZR-1 03-16-2012 06:03 PM

Big John
You should know, your car was parked there for awhile!!!
Doug

BigJohn 03-16-2012 06:33 PM

I know!!!
They wanted it back again this year; but I said no thank you!!!!
:cheers:

tomtom72 03-17-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efnfast (Post 135888)
Tom, you're about 4 hours from me, so that makes it an 18 hour drive for me. I thought more like 24 hours. So I guess it's a one day trip, but I'll need some breaks. That's a lot of driving.

What do we register for at the NCM?

Steve

Hi Steve, oh congrats on the new rubber! :-D I would be very interested in your driving impressions of the PS2's.

We can only register for the event itself, and the banquet on Saturday night.....so that's what i did. On the caravan idea of mine....:o it looks to be a tough nut to crack. We could all meet up in Harrisburg PA as it looks like the closest intercept point for you and I. I just don't know much right now as I haven't studied a map to actually try to pick out what roads you would use to get to BG from your home. I was figuring you might use 81S from your neck of the woods? Anyway we have some time to sort this all out.

:cheers:
Tom

efnfast 03-17-2012 06:55 AM

I will certainly post on my impression of the tires. Rears only by the way.
I'll get registered for NCM.
I'll be coming right through NYC. Pick a time and a place outside the city. Sounds like you want to get started around 6:00, that means i leave around 2:00A. Gets me out of all the cities pre traffic.

Mystic ZR-1 03-17-2012 06:47 PM

Steve,
The CT Turnpike should be OK @ that time of day, any other time it's terrible but ya still have to deal w/NY and NJ. I'll be riding shotgun w/Tom Tom. You might consider RT 84 to 81
Doug

efnfast 03-17-2012 06:58 PM

Hey, I'm easy. Where do we hook up?:-D