ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Collector 1990 ZR1!! Lucky New Owner/Member! Lowest miles I have ever seen! (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21865)

Crackphx 12-17-2013 06:59 PM

Collector 1990 ZR1!! FIRST PHOTO AFTER DELIVERY!

I believe I lucked out and would love to hear what other members think. I can't pick up the Vette until monday and get pictures because it's in a secure facility but here are the basics:

FIRST PHOTO!! NEEDS MY DETAILER STAT! But in great condition needs a top to bottom cleaning but still in amazing condition

1990 ZR1 Corvette
Black Exterior
Black Interior
Mint condition inside and out
#2074 production number

Here is the kicker it only has 58 MILES!!!!!

I won't have pictures until next week, but I am looking for advice on storage and what kind of value to place on it for insurance!

In advance nice to be on here and to meet all of you!:cheers:

Z06scentair 12-17-2013 07:09 PM

Re: Collector 1990 ZR1!! Lucky New Owner/Member! Lowest miles I have ever seen!

Congrats! Whats your plans with the car?

As far as value I would value the car at around 40k for insurance purposes. All fluids should be changed and the tires should be off the ground to prevent flat spotting if your not planning to drive the car!

Welcome to the club!

tccrab 12-17-2013 07:18 PM

Congratulations!!

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Beast!!

There are two trains of thought about what to do with such a rare beast.

#1. Add it to your personal special car museum, wax it, polish it, admire it, drool over it and never drive it.

#2. Drive it like you stole it

Personally, I'm for Train #2, but that's just me.
If you intend to choose option 2, you will want to change the tires right away and also consider replacing the original Multec fuel injectors with the newer ethanol friendly versions as the originals WILL fail when subjected to today's gasoline.

:cheers:

'Crabs

Crackphx 12-17-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06scentair (Post 190786)

As far as value I would value the car at around 40k for insurance purposes. All fluids should be changed and the tires should be off the ground to prevent flat spotting if your not planning to drive the car!

Welcome to the club!

I really haven't decided, but driving is not an option. I want to find the best and most respected shop in Arizona to look over it once I take delivery and to certify everything is perfect. I am planning on putting it on a car lift for storage inside a warehouse. I do need a great cover though

Thanks for the value estimate!

Crackphx 12-17-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06scentair (Post 190786)

Welcome to the club!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tccrab (Post 190787)
Congratulations!!

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Beast!!

There are two trains of thought about what to do with such a rare beast.

#1. Add it to your personal special car museum, wax it, polish it, admire it, drool over it and never drive it.

#2. Drive it like you stole it

Personally, I'm for Train #2, but that's just me.
If you intend to choose option 2, you will want to change the tires right away and also consider replacing the original Multec fuel injectors with the newer ethanol friendly versions as the originals WILL fail when subjected to today's gasoline.

:cheers:

'Crabs

I'd love to drive it but I think 58 miles is too rare to do that... That's for the injector idea. What type of fuel can I put in it then I mean it has to be started every so often and rolled around a bit

We Gone 12-17-2013 07:31 PM

Welcome and congrats..

To bad you are going to store it and save it for someone. You need to get another to drive or you will never know what you are missing.

Crackphx 12-17-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by We Gone (Post 190790)
Welcome and congrats..

To bad you are going to store it and save it for someone. You need to get another to drive or you will never know what you are missing.

Yeah I know, I wish I could. I might look for a high milage one soon

tccrab 12-17-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackphx (Post 190789)
I'd love to drive it but I think 58 miles is too rare to do that... That's for the injector idea. What type of fuel can I put in it then I mean it has to be started every so often and rolled around a bit

That is a very good question indeed.
Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable guys here can chime in and recommend a original injector friendly gasoline.
I'd guess that a couple of barrels of 100 octane race gas would probably do the trick, but since I don't know for sure, I won't pretend that I do.
Regardless, we'd all like to see pictures of your new baby.

'Crabs

Franke 12-17-2013 07:46 PM

Premium gas without ethanol should work just like the old days. At least a 91 octane is my thoughts. The higher octane the better.

Crackphx 12-17-2013 07:54 PM

There is a gas station that sells 103 near Firebird Raceway for track cars, I guess I'll get some of that