ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   OFF TOPIC (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   GAS PRICES not politics but LT5 appreciation (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33883)

GOLDCYLON 03-17-2022 01:16 AM

GAS PRICES not politics but LT5 appreciation

This is not a political thread. While I am sure many of us are feeling the pinch I would just like to point out... As a ZR-1 owner or in my case a multiple ZR-1s owner... I would like to mention we are currently driving the only V8 Corvette developed in the late 80s as the only CORVETTE to beat the Fuel guzzler tax. At a unheard of 375hp and later 405hp.

As I make the decision to drive into work tomorrow. I won't be driving my modified 6.2 liter Supercharged CTS-V Cadillac that gets 4 gas stations to the mile but delivers C6 ZR1 power lol.

So as I place my highly modified 91 in 6th gear on the freeway tomorrow morning at 0500 am. I will be smiling while getting 24 plus miles to the gallon and be proud to not to rolling in an Hyundai.

LT5s were ahead of the curve in the early 90s.... with a useful overdrive gear from the factory.

GC

XfireZ51 03-17-2022 09:46 AM

Re: GAS PRICES not politics but LT5 appreciation

So true Darryl. I recently did a re-balancing/re-configuration of my injectors and have seen an increase of 1.5-2mpg. If I keep it under 77mph, the mpg shows anywhere from 27-30+mpg at cruising speeds. Not shabby for a fully ported and cammed LT5.

GOLDCYLON 03-17-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XfireZ51 (Post 331325)
So true Darryl. I recently did a re-balancing/re-configuration of my injectors and have seen an increase of 1.5-2mpg. If I keep it under 77mph, the mpg shows anywhere from 27-30+mpg at cruising speeds. Not shabby for a fully ported and cammed LT5.

Indeed on the freeway this morning with the cruise set at 75 mph I was getting 31mg.

Not bad with a DOM tuned ported stroker SANS secondary's. That DOM guy must know something about tuning. :cheers:

XfireZ51 03-19-2022 10:23 AM

Daryl,

Have the injectors flow tested, then pair them up to optimize balancing between cylinders and banks if they aren?t already(Hint: they probably aren?t)
Then tell me what u think.

GOLDCYLON 03-24-2022 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XfireZ51 (Post 331366)
Daryl,

Have the injectors flow tested, then pair them up to optimize balancing between cylinders and banks if they aren?t already(Hint: they probably aren?t)
Then tell me what u think.

I will look into that. GC :cheers:

XfireZ51 03-24-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON (Post 331426)
I will look into that. GC :cheers:

I spent ~$100 to do that along w new plenum gaskets and some time. Some of the best performance dollars I have spent. Even w Pete?s cams, the motor idles smoothly, doesn?t die on decel or idle, gets better mpg(1.5-2mpg at cruise), and motor runs quieter.
I am curious to see what it translates to on the dyno.