ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   More Forum issues (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25828)

A1990 11-18-2015 10:47 AM

More Forum issues

Last night our web hosting provider updated the PHP level of their servers. PHP is basically the programming code that runs the forum.

Unfortunately our forum's software is old enough that this newer level of PHP will not work with our version of vBulletin.

We have rolled the critical PHP files back to a level that works. We have also looked at upgrading our forum software but we are not hearing great things about vBulletin 5 (newest and buggy) or vBulletin 4.2

We continue to look at our options...

On the bright side, we have purchase the mobile suite for vBulletin, which works with 3.8.x, 4.2 and 5. This will allow mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to have a better experience on our forum.

We will keep you posted as this develops.

Thanks

We Gone 11-18-2015 10:49 AM

Re: More Forum issues

It's all good working now :cheers:

JimZRyd 11-18-2015 12:33 PM

I couldn't get on earlier but it all seems fine now.

-=Jeff=- 11-18-2015 03:45 PM

Just a FYI, I am still NOT receiving notification emails from the site

BigJohn 11-18-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- (Post 234835)
Just a FYI, I am still NOT receiving notification emails from the site

Ditto!

JimZRyd 11-23-2015 01:07 PM

I am not receiving any notifications of subscribed threads anymore either. Other than that, the forum seems to be operating great.

-=Jeff=- 11-27-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimZRyd (Post 235018)
I am not receiving any notifications of subscribed threads anymore either. Other than that, the forum seems to be operating great.

Status on this? Still not working for me

WVZR-1 11-27-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimZRyd (Post 235018)

I've not seen any subscription response either recently. Has the software perhaps changed to a "daily only" available and we all need to change the "instant" to another that might be the default now? The subscribed threads appear where one would expect and the more current are displayed with some options but "no notifications" for a very long time. I just changed mine from instant to daily to see if maybe just a change from one to the other might work. If I see one overnight maybe I'll just change it back to instant to see what happens.

WVZR-1 12-01-2015 10:57 PM

Is anyone receiving "notifications"? I changed the timing of delivery trying to maybe force a change with no luck. I hadn't seen comments in the past few days and thought I'd ask.

Is it maybe the way it will remain?

-=Jeff=- 12-02-2015 07:26 AM

nothing here