ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fuse Help (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23310)

MickeyD 07-10-2014 10:52 AM

Fuse Help

My cigarette lighter, visor lights, (new visors) and storage bin lights all out. Can anyone tell me which fuse or fuses that is. And where is the fuse for hood lights so I can pull fuse.

Thanks guys

MickeyD 07-10-2014 11:21 AM

Re: Fuse Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Workman (Post 207200)
Yep. It is on an auxiliary fuse block located under the passenger side hush panel.

You'll have to remove the hush panel (no biggie), and find the fuse block pretty close to the center of the area covered by the panel. I forget what it is marked as off hand (I should tho, cuz I just recently replaced my fuse for those circuits you mentioned).

P.

Thanks Paul but you are talking to a non-mechanic idiot. Lol. What is a hush panel and exactly where is it?

Thanks

RICHARD TILL 07-11-2014 01:40 PM

Its the carpeted area between the passenger`s feet and the glove box.

WVZR-1 07-12-2014 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyD (Post 207198)
My cigarette lighter, visor lights, (new visors) and storage bin lights all out. Can anyone tell me which fuse or fuses that is. And where is the fuse for hood lights so I can pull fuse.

Thanks guys

What year car are you working on? You've several in your SIG!

If it's a '90 the "CTSY" fuse is NOT in the AUX panel under the hush panel. I believe it should be top left, first in the main fuse panel. I doubt that any year CTSY fuse would be in an AUX panel. That makes "no sense".

AUX panel has only CRANK-A/B, PWR DOOR, THEFT and FP2.

Hood lights are also on CTSY

I assume you know where the main fuse receptacle is but if not, open right door and it's on the exposed end of the instrument/dash panel.

Paul Workman 07-12-2014 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVZR-1 (Post 207331)
What year car are you working on? You've several in your SIG!

If it's a '90 the "CTSY" fuse is NOT in the AUX panel under the hush panel. I believe it should be top left, first in the main fuse panel. I doubt that any year CTSY fuse would be in an AUX panel. That makes "no sense".

AUX panel has only CRANK-A/B, PWR DOOR, THEFT and FP2.

Hood lights are also on CTSY

I assume you know where the main fuse receptacle is but if not, open right door and it's on the exposed end of the instrument/dash panel.

Might wanna check your reference source, cuz I promise you on a '90 the fuse that powers the lighter, the map light on the mirror and the door locks IS on the aux box under the hush panel. Ask me how I know...;)

WVZR-1 07-12-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Workman (Post 207332)
Might wanna check your reference source, cuz I promise you on a '90 the fuse that powers the lighter, the map light on the mirror and the door locks IS on the aux box under the hush panel. Ask me how I know...;)

I don't find anything in the '90 FSM that contradicts what I mentioned. I'm not aware of any revisions so I'm left I guess with the ... "asking how you know"!

I noticed another post by the OP and I believe he may have issues with the "CRUISE" fuse but of course I don't "KNOW"! He mentions replacing some parts and I'm not really sure which. In this thread he mentioned wanting to disable the hood lamps so I believe the "CTSY" fuse should have been good so his problems mentioned in the other are likely NOT related to a fuse problem and he seems to confirm the fuse is good and actually I believe mentioned he "replaced".

Franke 07-12-2014 09:34 AM

Not sure we talking the same circuits here as Paul indicates the mirror lights, door locks and lighter in aux panel and what was mentioned in the post is the cigar lighter, visor lamps, under hood lights and glove box.The CTSY fuse powers some of those as WVZR1 indicates but not all and is in the main fuse panel. Maybe i'm not following this thread right.

Paul Workman 07-12-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franke (Post 207347)
Not sure we talking the same circuits here as Paul indicates the mirror lights, door locks and lighter in aux panel and what was mentioned in the post is the cigar lighter, visor lamps, under hood lights and glove box.The CTSY fuse powers some of those as WVZR1 indicates but not all and is in the main fuse panel. Maybe i'm not following this thread right.

Conflicting info - as to what circuits are distributed among the AUX block and the (CTSY) on the main block. I'll make a physical verification, soon as the rain stops and get back.

P.

WVZR-1 07-12-2014 01:11 PM

If we're indeed speaking of a '90 fuse blocks and what's powered, 8A11-6 for the vanity and lighted rearview mirror (CRUISE FUSE), 8A11-3 for the cigar lighter, glove box, hood and misc. courtesy (CTSY FUSE) 8A11-12 for AUX BOX,

The complete courtesy and cigar lighter 8A114-0, 1, 2 & 3.

Z51JEFF 07-12-2014 07:42 PM

I didnt know there were lights for the storage bins.