ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Best Place to Buy Injectors? (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32378)

Erik 11-04-2020 08:07 PM

Best Place to Buy Injectors?

Are FIC and Summit still the best places currently to buy injectors? Looked at Jerry?s, and only came up with the O-rings, so it looks like he doesn?t have them anymore.

These are the right ones at Summit, no?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-150821

Summit said they don?t work for my car. :)

Ccmano 11-04-2020 08:13 PM

Re: Best Place to Buy Injectors?

Give Jerry a call, he's probably just temporary out of stock. His FIC's are matched and require no modifications.
H
:cheers:

Corvette95 11-04-2020 08:43 PM

I have a tested set of Ford (Bosch) 30#'s ohmed and tested (primary and secondary) no leaks, replaced them with 10k miles on them as part of my 90 restoration. I checked each for any drips or leaks myself with full pressure on the fuel fail with no appreciable leakdown over 30 minutes maintains above 40 psi. If you are in a bind, you can have them free if you pay postage.

Erik 11-04-2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvette95 (Post 316086)
I have a tested set of Ford (Bosch) 30#'s ohmed and tested (primary and secondary) no leaks, replaced them with 10k miles on them as part of my 90 restoration. I checked each for any drips or leaks myself with full pressure on the fuel fail with no appreciable leakdown over 30 minutes maintains above 40 psi. If you are in a bind, you can have them free if you pay postage.

Thank you sir. Very much appreciated. I should know by tomorrow if I need a set. I?ll definitely let you know.

dredgeguy 11-05-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvette95 (Post 316086)

This is what the brotherhood is all about.....well done!

A26B 11-05-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik (Post 316080)
Are FIC and Summit still the best places currently to buy injectors? Looked at Jerry?s, and only came up with the O-rings, so it looks like he doesn?t have them anymore.

These are the right ones at Summit, no?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-150821

Summit said they don?t work for my car. :)

Just sold the last set in stock yesterday. We don't keep a lot of inventory due to cost. We are restocking now, should be back in stock by Monday. I have adjusted inventory so you can place an order for them if you want.

tccrab 11-05-2020 10:34 AM

I put in Accells oh about 8 or 9 years ago and have had NO problems at all.
At the time they were the most reasonably priced alternative to RC Injectors at about half the cost.

'Crabs

Erik 11-14-2020 10:07 PM

SO a week went by, and I realized that my mechanic was pretty clueless on LT-5 troubleshooting. So it got towed out of there yesterday, on it's way to what are hopefully better hands.
It remains to be seen if injectors are needed or not. I should have more info on Monday.

Hib Halverson 11-15-2020 05:58 PM

Not sure of the question...is it "What's the best place to buy injectors?" or "Where can I buy the best injectors?"

If the latter question is right, that answser is easy: RC Engineering. If you want good injectors, use a few of the sources listed in various places on this forum, but keep in mind, a some of that stuff is just used injectors which have been cleaned ultrasonically. They are not new and are not even "remanufactured" in the sense that legitimate business use that term because stock LT5 injectors cannot be remanufactured nor can most other injectors used in an LT5.

If you want the best injectors for 1G LT5s, go to RC Engineering. More than two decades ago, the late Jim Van Dorn and I worked with RC Engineering to develop a set of high-end replacement LT5 injectors which would support at least 500-525-hp yet offer good driveability in all situations. RC Engineering continues to sell them today. They are a derivation of the Lucas rotating-disc injector design which was a far better choice that either the Bosch pintle (ie: Ford) injectors or the ACD ball and socket design.

If you are interested in the best injectors you can get for an original LT5, contact RC Engineering and ask for Wayne San Miguel who understands the 1G LT5 injector situation.

RC injectors are not the least expensive but they are an outstanding product. I installed a set in Barney's 500-hp Automasters "Street Skinner" engine in 1996 and they were still in the car when I sold it 20 years later. When I owned it, they were in-and-out a couple of times during plenum-pulls. I sent them to RC for cleaning and retesting. Each time they came back with a flow spread of 1.5% and "execellent" patterns.

Since I sold Barney, I continue to use RC Engineering injectors. I have a set on my '04 Z06 which have been there for about 13 years trouble-free. I just had RC clean the OE injectors out of my '12 ZO6. They came back with a flow spread of 0.9% and exccellent flow patterns.

Erik 11-15-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson (Post 316481)
Not sure of the question...is it "What's the best place to buy injectors?" or "Where can I buy the best injectors?"

If the latter question is right, that answser is easy: RC Engineering. If you want good injectors, use a few of the sources listed in various places on this forum, but keep in mind, a some of that stuff is just used injectors which have been cleaned ultrasonically. They are not new and are not even "remanufactured" in the sense that legitimate business use that term because stock LT5 injectors cannot be remanufactured nor can most other injectors used in an LT5.

If you want the best injectors for 1G LT5s, go to RC Engineering. More than two decades ago, the late Jim Van Dorn and I worked with RC Engineering to develop a set of high-end replacement LT5 injectors which would support at least 500-525-hp yet offer good driveability in all situations. RC Engineering continues to sell them today. They are a derivation of the Lucas rotating-disc injector design which was a far better choice that either the Bosch pintle (ie: Ford) injectors or the ACD ball and socket design.

If you are interested in the best injectors you can get for an original LT5, contact RC Engineering and ask for Wayne San Miguel who understands the 1G LT5 injector situation.

RC injectors are not the least expensive but they are an outstanding product. I installed a set in Barney's 500-hp Automasters "Street Skinner" engine in 1996 and they were still in the car when I sold it 20 years later. When I owned it, they were in-and-out a couple of times during plenum-pulls. I sent them to RC for cleaning and retesting. Each time they came back with a flow spread of 1.5% and "execellent" patterns.

Since I sold Barney, I continue to use RC Engineering injectors. I have a set on my '04 Z06 which have been there for about 13 years trouble-free. I just had RC clean the OE injectors out of my '12 ZO6. They came back with a flow spread of 0.9% and exccellent flow patterns.

The question was the best place to buy them. I was up against the winter deadline, and needed to move quickly. If, and only if, me mechanic could answer my injector question.

Great injector info anyhow. I?ll have to do some more reading to really understand the differences between those three injector types.

And I?ll certainly reach out to Wayne.
Thanks!