ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Crankcase Vent Cover Tube Loose (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30345)

tnova 03-17-2019 12:19 PM

Crankcase Vent Cover Tube Loose

To install the driver's side injector housing I was removing the vent hose from the crankcase vent cover. The hose clamp was completely loose and when I put a rotation and pull motion on the hose, the tube came out of the vent cover instead of the hose separating from the hose. (The hoses are original and very hard. New ones on order from Jerry's)

The tube wasn't damaged. There was a sealant or adhesive around the tube portion that fits in to the cover. I've totally cleaned it up plus any that was in the bore on the cover.

Question: What sealant or adhesive should I use when I reseat the tube in the vent cover?

Tony - Tnova

secondchance 03-17-2019 04:16 PM

Re: Crankcase Vent Cover Tube Loose

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnova (Post 290919)
To install the driver's side injector housing I was removing the vent hose from the crankcase vent cover. The hose clamp was completely loose and when I put a rotation and pull motion on the hose, the tube came out of the vent cover instead of the hose separating from the hose. (The hoses are original and very hard. New ones on order from Jerry's)

The tube wasn't damaged. There was a sealant or adhesive around the tube portion that fits in to the cover. I've totally cleaned it up plus any that was in the bore on the cover.

Question: What sealant or adhesive should I use when I reseat the tube in the vent cover?

Tony - Tnova

I would, after through clean and degreasing maybe even scuff lightly with 400 grit sandpaper, someone may object but, use epoxy or JB weld myself.

Jagdpanzer 03-17-2019 05:49 PM

Or use some Loctite 620

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

mgbrv8 03-17-2019 09:33 PM

Hey Tom

If you look at my album of pictures you see how I dealt with it about half way through the pictures. Hope it helps

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/zr1netregis...60115440860615

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnova (Post 290919)

Tony - Tnova

A26B 03-17-2019 11:24 PM

Same thing happened to me. I used Loctite 262, let set overnight. All worked like new. Phil is correct for Loctite 620 being the best for the application, I just didn't have any on hand.

Corvettes White 03-17-2019 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this the answer? I "found" these books not to long ago. Had a reason to open them up.

George

tnova 03-18-2019 09:16 AM

To all, thanks. This is a great forum. I've got 620 on hand and will do this morning. I wish my "Brand P" racecar buddies where as knowledgeable and helpful as the LT5 crowd.

BTW, for those who have asked, yes, I do have a Nova, thus the nickname. '72, old school set up for driving to the strip for test-'n-tunes. Not as cool as my ZR-1 though.

Tony - Tnova

tnova 03-18-2019 09:19 AM

George,
You have the factory assembly book? OUTSTANDING!!!! Preserve them like a library archive. Don't ever let them leave the group.
Tony - TNova

Tyler Townsley 03-18-2019 09:55 AM

Friend recently gave me a complete set of c-4 factory assembly manuals including one for the 1983. The 83 one may be the only one in existence according to another friend who has been looking for one for over 10 years.

Tyler

Corvettes White 03-18-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnova (Post 290953)
George,
You have the factory assembly book? OUTSTANDING!!!! Preserve them like a library archive. Don't ever let them leave the group.
Tony - TNova

Yes,. Got lucky. It is a latter version with a lot of updated pages. Maybe 600 pages total.

Good luck with your project.