ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   East Central Region (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sunday drag racing - need show of hands! (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23885)

Paul Workman 09-23-2014 06:10 AM

Sunday drag racing - need show of hands!

The Crown Point Corvette Club would like an idea of how many racers and spectators to expect on Sunday. So, please "vote" in the poll.

ALSO... I emailed this to those I have addresses for, but for those Z brothers that did not see this, please read the details below...

_____

Hello fellow WARRIORS!

For those attending the CPCC annual Corvette Shootout (drag racing) on Sunday, please remember –

$35 is paid at the gate by those that intend to race. AND another $10 is paid at the Registration tent, near the bleachers. $12 at the gate to spectate. To avoid confusion, everyone intending to race please register as a member of the ZR1 NetRegistry club. Otherwise, your time slip will recorded as some other club. This is especially important for you big guns: Pete, Bob, Al, Marc, & Kevin especially, as your times historically are the ones that pound the competition into the dust!

Also… At the end of each run, be sure to stop by the Registration tent to record your time slip, and (again) see that it is recorded under the ZR1 NetRegistry club in order to be tabulated correctly. (Sounds elementary, for sure. But, there has been some cases in the past where time slips did NOT count due to the wrong information.

And, not mentioned till now, but the time trials for the TEAM TROPHY are in the morning. After lunch there are bracket eliminations, and if memory serves, a the lion’s share of trophies also went to our group. So, again… don’t forget to get your time slips recorded at the Registrtion tent after your bracket runs too.

If I read the CPCC flyer correctly, we are allowed to bring FOOD this year. (And, if you’ve ever eaten the junk at the track concession stand, you’ll appreciate this change!)

One last thing… The CPCC club always likes to have an idea of how many are going to attend and how many in particular are going to race. I’ll post a poll on the Registry’s EAST CENTRAL REGION page of the forum, and if you would, please indicate whether your going to race or just watch.

Watch this web page for last minute updates. And, don’t forget the pre-race pizza nite gathering at Home Run Inn on Lake Street in Addison this Friday at 6:30 till….

Paul.

Thanks,

Paul.

Paul Workman 09-24-2014 10:21 AM

Re: Sunday drag racing - need show of hands!

Well, hell...

So far, these are the ppl (IIRC) have indicated they're coming to RACE.

Bob G
Pete
Al
Marc
Dominic
Paul

So far...

Who else?

-=Jeff=- 09-28-2014 07:17 PM

What was the outcome?

Pete 09-28-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- (Post 213136)
What was the outcome?

We won again a threepeat.

Pete

-=Jeff=- 09-28-2014 09:27 PM

Nobody broke? Any other details

XfireZ51 09-28-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 213148)
We won again a threepeat.

Pete

Awesome. Do we get to keep it this time? Any C7s running.

Karl 09-28-2014 11:17 PM

Good to hear. I went to see the bears and packers play. That game sucked!

Pete 09-28-2014 11:23 PM

Yes, a few C7 vettes they all ran average of
Low 12's at 115 but it was not good record breaking weather.

Pete

LGAFF 09-28-2014 11:47 PM

You guys sit around playing cards or did you race....lets see some numbers :happy1::happy1:

Pete 09-29-2014 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGAFF (Post 213155)
You guys sit around playing cards or did you race....lets see some numbers :happy1::happy1:

I finally learned to play Gin Rummy at the track :-D

Lee, like I mentioned the weather was not good.

I only got one pass in thanks to Paul W. and Bill Gnerlich they jinxed my car :) "your car never breaks"
I mustered an 11.70 @ 125 we were also down in MPH.
Then she broke, thanks guys.

She has run a lot of hard races for a few years I guess she finally gave up.

She'll be ready again for next season.

Pete