ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   secondary removal how do you go...... (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5046)

bradslt5 02-23-2008 10:03 AM

secondary removal how do you go......

about it . could someone who has donerthis give me the proceedure for rmoving them. and what does one have to keep connected vaccume wise ? does the prom need to be reburned ? and who does this ? also where can one get the accel injectors ? and what part numbers . thanx in advance for any help

Paul Workman 02-23-2008 10:42 AM

Re: secondary removal how do you go......

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradslt5
about it . could someone who has donerthis give me the proceedure for rmoving them. and what does one have to keep connected vaccume wise ? does the prom need to be reburned ? and who does this ? also where can one get the accel injectors ? and what part numbers . thanx in advance for any help

I'm strongly considering removing them as well; "parts left out never break", is the way I look at it.

Pete has removed his and likes the results just fine. And, I spoke w/ Marc Haibeck about it and as it happens he has a chip profile to accomodate the modification, and is experimenting with a new table which (to me) appears to actually boost the low-mid torque a smidgen as well as adding about 5 ponies to the top end.

So, I wonder if the mod adversely affects emmissions?? If not, then it really seems to be a "no brainer" to pull them and install Marc's chip.

P.

Pete 02-23-2008 11:22 AM

You will need to keep the electric secondary solonoid,vacuum pump and
differantial MAP(under ECM early) (under plenum later).

You will need to run from the Differantial MAP to the open port of the solonoid the vacuum pump to the closed port of the solonoid.

Make sure you yank everything else shafts included use Dorman freez-plug #555-108 or equal local part store.

Make sure you have Full Power ON when you go for a test drive.
Enjoy.

This is what i can remember off the top of my head,age is catching up to my memory.

If you need more info just post.
Pete

tpepmeie 02-23-2008 01:04 PM

Or you could reprogram the PROM to avoid all the secondary vacuum checks....

Pete, did you get the other info I sent the other day?

Todd

Pete 02-24-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpepmeie
Or you could reprogram the PROM to avoid all the secondary vacuum checks....

Pete, did you get the other info I sent the other day?

Todd

What Todd said reprograming the chip.

Yes,got it Todd thanks.

Pete

XfireZ51 02-24-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete
What Todd said reprograming the chip.

Yes,got it Todd thanks.

Pete

Does that mean unchecking the MALF flags for PRT 56 and PRT 61? I'm interested in knowing since I'll be pulling plenum in the near future and thinking about removing SCDYs.

bradslt5 02-25-2008 02:47 AM

who can reprogram the prom to do what todd said ?one last question do you have to remove the head to pull the secondary butterflies and shafts out . pete on my cam settings 1141/2 and 1121/2. have a rear end problem on the black car so havent had a chance to dyno. will be a while now with moving in to the new house and shop.

tpepmeie 02-25-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XfireZ51
Does that mean unchecking the MALF flags for PRT 56 and PRT 61? I'm interested in knowing since I'll be pulling plenum in the near future and thinking about removing SCDYs.

No, that won't do it. That flag won't disable the error from setting. The vacuum check is done as a form of converter protection. (sounds weird, I know) There are a couple of options to avoid this... one way is to modify the program to jump around the vacuum checks altogether, or change the conditions which cause the PTs not to open.

Todd

XfireZ51 02-25-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpepmeie
No, that won't do it. That flag won't disable the error from setting. The vacuum check is done as a form of converter protection. (sounds weird, I know) There are a couple of options to avoid this... one way is to modify the program to jump around the vacuum checks altogether, or change the conditions which cause the PTs not to open.

Todd

Todd,

Thanks. That helps. So the ECM thinks the Scndys are closed and not expecting any indicator.
But if you do the latter, how does it know to use the Open PT VE and SA tables? :-D

karterdon 03-01-2008 04:21 PM

BAck to one of your original questions - accel Injectors??
I got mine from - Atlantic Speed 1/803/548-6990 ask for Scott. Ask if he gives a discount for ZR1 memebrs or Corvette Forum members - He will then give you a discount - I paid $498 for 16 of them.

Part # acc150121

D.Y. 91-#267
:thumbsup: