View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010   #7
Hog

Default Re: found a great tuner for the west coast guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
It would take a lot of dyno time to replicate part throttle real world driving. I could see it done using an engine dyno. I started out using TC for bin editing but like TunerPro these days. I use EASE for datalogging and Moates Ostrich for emulation. I've probably burned over 1500 different calibrations between the Xfire and the LT5 motor and not all had to do with just VE and Spark.
It does take a lot of time to simulate real world driving, but it can be done on a braked dyno. It allows each TPS%/load to be held longer than on the street and for each cell to be dialed for max torque. A few of the better OBD2 tuners do part throttle tuning on the chassis dyno, which is why their cost is higher. But i guess it all depends what equipement you use. As you know, emulation speeds up the process considerably.

Emulation as you know, reduces tuning time considerably. Moates' Roadrunner works well for OBD2 emulation.

I am happy to hear that you dont just tune VE and spark. There is so much more to tuning that that.

Do you like Ease? I have been eyeing Ease for a while.
Did you get your copy from John at TeamZR-1? He seems to be quite knowledgeable.

Thanks for teh response.

peace
Hog
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote