View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011   #49
XfireZ51

Default Re: Motorsport Park Pledge Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Hey Dom,

That sucks about your car. I'd just opine though that the insurance coverage is what it is. Unless the NCM ever suggested or stated it would cover your car during racing activities, I don't see why you would assume it did without checking the policy.

More generally, I don't believe any insurance companies will cover your car during competitive events. I think it is generally understood that if you put your car on a track, something bad could happen. Of course we all hope it doesn't, and take precautions to minimize the risk.

I wouldn't expect the NCM to have any sort of different insurance than any other race track in the country. If they are able to put together some kind of extra-cost race-day insurance though, it would certainly be nice.

I think you mis-read my post. I have known all along the coverage wasn't there. My point was that getting on the track is the responsible thing to do when compared to "competition driving" on the street. The insurance company is expressly not covering an instance that demonstrates someone's responsible concern for safety. I was not expecting to be covered but I wasn't expecting to crash either. The real point of my post is what Mom has picked up on. If you are an enhusiast establishment, like NCM, encouraging driving ur vehicles for what they were designed for in a responsible manner and with expert oversight, then you should expect these things to happen. And you should represent products/services that address these expected eventualities. Especially with the leverage an organization like NCM could have with an insurance company, coverages could be designed for our special needs, not just putting out "off the shelf" classic car insurance. Let's face it, nobody is going to drag race an Auburn Boattail, but a ZR-1 or other Corvette is a different story.
When I mentioned this to Adam, and to his credit, he said he had recognized this very gap particularly with the advent of the Motorsports Park and NCM sanctioned events.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote