View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012   #27
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Exhaust for max performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Craig,

I should let the Masters of the Universe Pete, Al, or Bob G. esprain. Perhaps they'll chime in.
The vacuum actuators are connected to the vacuum line for the CFC (charcoal filter cannister). With the Dynomax you can choose your tips.
Pete has the B+B tips for example. I believe Bob has the Z06 tips. I like those because like the MFlow tips, the ends are double walled and rolled.
I think they may help a bit w the resonance. I will say that the resonance of the SW Xpipe w the MFlow muffs is not terrible. Certainly better than the 3rd Gen B+B setup I originally had. But I can sense that with a long drive it would get annoying. My rear gear doesn't help either in terms of rpm range. Pete can certainly speak to the diff in noise before and after. Bob drove me home one night in his and you really couldn't tell from inside the cabin that you were riding in a 10sec. 427, errrrrr ooops sorry I mean stock 350 LT-5. That is until he stomped on it. WEEEEEEEEEEE!
When I bought mine, I got the seller to cut off the back of the muffs and just send me that. Saved on shipping.
Dom,

Thanks for all the info and explanation. Wow, I had no idea about the CFC and that vacuum being used for the flapper control. I am wondering what gen B&B I have as well as the resonance from the dynomax plus X pipe With the 4.10s maybe I will be able to find a range of least annoyance. Yeah, I can't even imagine what a big motor feels like because I have not even used all of my power yet or gotten used to it. Thanks again for sharing the details. I guess the B&B mufflers are a POS then?
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote