View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012   #29
tomtom72

Default Re: Unofficial Caravan to B. G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Tom, is exit 9 off 95 or 287?
Steve,
Exit 9 N - S is off 287. I will send detailed mapquest link for this part. Briefly though, traveling south on 95 leaving CT and crossing the CT/NY border you will see a sign that says 287 west Tappan Zee Bridge/ White Plains, blah, blab and it is a right lane exit off of 95 south. That is your target, and exit 9 N-S is about 3 miles and it is a right lane exit. 9 N-S is labeled Hutchinson River Parkway N & S/ Westchester Ave/ White Plains/ 684 N Brewster. I will be on the ramp's shoulder.

I appreciate also that you will have a longer day than I. I'm sorry for failing to acknowledge that fact in my posts. In light of that, you will dictate the pace & stop schedule. I figure it will only take one pit stop to have our tanks synchronized. I figure perhaps by the meet point you should be at 1/2 tank or less. There is a Mobil station, along our route to the GWB, a short distance from the meet point which we can use if needed. I also have, as it's my home turff, a list of Shell stations along our route to the GWB.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote