View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012   #162
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: OBX cat-back exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Thanks Yun! I may yet do the Torca clamps. No, it's sitting with the headers still in my living/dining room.

Actually, now I'm not so sure I will ever get around to putting it on as I don't know that I like the sound. I hate to say this but I have yet to hear any late model corvette aftermarket exhaust that I actually like! Let alone one for an LT5. I like the Ti exhaust sound from the C5 ZO6's and the new C6 dual mode, but the rest of them don't do it for me. I guess I have a differing "vision" of what a C4 ZR-1 should sound like. I actually like the sound of my OE mufflers, when you can hear them up past 5k rpms...it's the damn resonator that stinks! Then sometimes I think I'll just go 'borrow' an exhaust from a DB9 or an F40.....it's the 4V/ DOHC thing that colors my 'vision' of what an LT5 should sound like. I don't want it to sound like my 72 LT-1's factory side pipes. A 4V/DOHC motor shouldn't sound like a 'muscle car' from the 60's IMHO. I think I'll do a search as I had an Ansa system on my 72 V6 Capri and I liked that sound.....I'm out in left field, I know!

Tom
Tom,
Nothing wrong with being out in left field or different, at least you did not bring up the bus story........lol. I think different strokes for different folks is what is it all about in this hobby. Thank God that not all of our cars sound the same. We have more Ferraris and high end cars running around here in Yokohama (even more in Tokyo) and I know what you mean the unique and badass sound. Some old school folks would hate that sound. Our LT5s do have a sound of its own, especially at WOT in the near redline that is music to our ears that we can all agree on.

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote