View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #1
Corvettes White

Default Resurrection of the Heart of a Beast

Resurrection of the Heart of a Beast.

It has been some time since I have posted much. What with the economy, family and the balance of life whizzing by.

Last week I lose the clutch on the 1989. So, is that a gray cloud? No, a silver omen that it is time after all the years to do that engine swap I have wanted to accomplish.

Now this is going to take some time. My daughter and son-in-law are moving out of the house first freeing up some room for me to work. I have a few months of chores around to catch up on. And I have a pay-as-you-go budget. So please stick with me.

For those who know the DR-1, I am going to build an homage or phantom of it. (The word you pick will determine your age group.) The motor going in will be a Phase 3 LT-5. The car will have just enough difference to it that those on this forum will scratch their heads a bit when they see it. But not in a bad way.

The l98 and 6-speed have been pulled. (And are for sale.) And the undercarriage is being steamed cleaned this week.

I am going to have a lot of questions, and need a few parts. So in advance I say, “Thank you.” to the brotherhood.
Photos of the BODY & HEART.

George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8232-Corvette-Engine-7 (Medium).jpg (114.3 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg 019.jpg (72.9 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Corvettes White; 01-22-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Corvettes White is offline   Reply With Quote