Old 01-23-2013   #20
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Lifetime Membership discussion

QUOTE=Ronstar;161215]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
Why not? ....

Just a few things that come to mind
1) is someone gonna track who still has their car ( or ever had one)
It would be somewhat labor intensive to keep track of.

2)do you have to "prove" you own one?
Yes, at the time you submit your LM form. Not that difficult to do.

3) if one sells or totals their car is their membership gone forever or reinstated when they buy another
Reinstated

4) does an LT-5 in another car qualify, prototypes and ex-vin cars?
ZR-1 ownership, not LT-5 ownership

5) "certain number of honorary memberships" sound a lot like favoritism and politics
It could be if not careful. These could be voted on by other LM's.

6) makes more sense to me to try to encourage more lifelong members not discourage them for the long term health of the group
Not neccesarily. There will still be a need for Annual Membership Renewals in order to keep cash flow.

7)sounds like you DO want to make it a status symbol
Not at all. But I do think that the only ones that will pony up $1000 for a LM are the ones that are absolutely committed to the lifelong endeavor of making sure this club stays together. And I think they should be recognized for that committment.

Absolutely no malice intended. Just want what's best for the club
Absolutely none taken. In the end we all only want what's best for the club. In response to #1 and #3 - While I do like the idea of a LM being available, due to the work envolved I'm second guessing the ZR-1 ownership requirement. I like the idea but it's just too much to keep track of. Ownership requirement at the time of your purchase is a good compromise but no requirement to retain ownership during the full term of your LM.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote