View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013   #1
5ABI VT

Question About to start header install just wanted some input and had a few questions...

Had a few questions..

1. Would header install be easier without the trans and bell housing there? I plan to do clutch and the flywheel and was wondering if I should just do both at the same time.

2. Do the cats need to be unbolted from the manifolds? I'm guessing they will be siezed on and may require an exhaust shoppe to cut/loosen them? If so Ill plan to get to a shoppe to loosen those bolt before I get started.

2. I couldn't find much on the dipstick tube. With the 2" SW headers I believe ill need to bend the tube for fitment? I just saw today from googling that Jerry's gaskets has a dipstick tube seal that I may need.. Will I need one?

3. I got the headers with the air delete. Is there any info out there on what exactly gets removed to remove the whole system? Or is it fairly obvious ? I know the pump is up front etc but not sure exactly what the entire system looks like it where it connects to.

I'm going to get a hoist installed soon in my garage .. I was going to wait to do the clutch flywheel then but I'm impatient and want these headers on asap so I don't mind doing these on my back if its possible. I just wanted to clear up anything I had on my mind before I started.
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote