Thread: ABS Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013   #13
zig

Default Re: ABS Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
The ground for the ABS is on the driver side B pillar I believe.When I had an ABS issue on my 91 a few years ago I managed to collect several of the relays and an extra accelerometer and I also have the ABS cartridge for a Tech-1 scanner,you can borrow anything I have providing you pay shipping and I get it back.The issue I had was when I disconnected all of the plugs in the area of the CDM controller I managed to push the connector for the ABS out of the plug housing,killing power to the system.
Appreciate the offer. I found a Tech 1A locallay so picked it up for a pretty reasonable cost. Since I have three cars I can use it on I figured it would be a good investment. It came from a Cadillac dealer so it didn't have the Bosch adapter but did have the Mass Storage Cart. Got a Bosch adapter off fleabay so it should be here sometime this week. Other than a broken power cord that I had to fix, it works great. Had it on the 96 Vette and the 91 and works great.

Plan is to pull the plenum again this week and clean the ground point. I'm kicking myself now for not doing it when I had the plenum off the first time. Oh well. I have a slow leak in the vacuum solenoid and finally found one that holds so needed to pull the plenum to replace it anyhow.
1991 ZR-1 #85, 21,000 miles
1991 Z28, L98, 62,000 miles
1996 Collector Edition Convertible, 87,000 miles

Last edited by zig; 09-02-2013 at 09:58 PM.
zig is offline   Reply With Quote