Thread: My last effort
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #8
Mitsumark

Default Re: My last effort

Lee-I doubt that's the case as the car ran with no noticeable oil consumption or smoke the first few months of me owning it..As far as oil,I'm running Mobil 1 10W40..It's been 10-20* here in NJ for the last 2 months so I didn't want to step up to a 15/50 or 20/50...Again,if I was an expert I wouldn't be here asking for help..But at the rate it's burning with constant visible smoke there is no way I can be convinced that going from a 10 wt to a 15w is going to solve this..There is oil finding its way into the combustion chambers and plugs are chalky Black(rich) with traces of oil on a few of them just after a few hundred miles..The car doesn't misfire or hesitate..It also has plenty of power until plugs foul out a few hundred miles later..This leads me to believe the problem is in the heads,,not the block..I'm sick as I just put $3K in wheels and tires on this thing..Phillip--If the car goes bye bye,I will decide if they will go with the car,or be sold separate..You have my word they are yours if they are sold to anyone..If I can't get to the bottom of this within the next few days I'm gonna clean the car up,type up a brief description,take some pics and it will be for sale..I bought the car to enjoy it and have spent more time monkeying with it..I'm mentally exhausted as of now and I'm really leaning toward getting rid of it..If that's what I decide I will offer it up here first..If there is no interest then it will be Fleabay..
Mitsumark is offline   Reply With Quote