View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014   #53
Hog

Default Re: Putting it back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06scentair View Post
1)Name the place and lock in 1g on 5g. Will load the enclosed up tonight, Put up or shut up.

5 thousand no questions asked run what you bring..... My c5 against your zr-1 or hemi? You make the call.

2)You get the back tires. 1/8th mile Heck I will give you the back tires for life!

1 thousand earnest money both parties to a non-bias person.

Brad
Hey Brad, I've got some silly questions to ask, for my own clarity:

1) "1g lock in on $5g"- Does that mean that both parties would give a
neutral party $1000 to hold until after the race when a winner is determined? Then the loser owes the winner an additional $4,000. or does the loser have to pay the winner another $5000 in addition to the $1000 "buy in"?

2) You get the back tires. 1/8th mile- Does this mean that you would "spot" him a length at the start? Like literally line up with your front tires at his back tires?
or are toy literally talking about actually giving him a supply of rear tires for life?

3) And when you state "1/8th mile" does that mean that your conditional "terms of the race" are for an 1/8th mile only, and you would require a "re-negotiation" for a race that covered a distance other than an 1/8th mile?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I'm familiar with as a driver asking for "lengths" when racing a car you feel is quicker. Or "Giving or "Spotting" a car that you believe is slower.
Then there is the bargaining for "the move", if you have the "move" you launch from a "dig" and your opponent then launches only after they see your car start to move.

Some people will "Pop" when asked to lift their vehicles hoods in order to confirm what engine modifications have been done to the vehicles engine.(this avoids you giving lengths to a car that the drivers says is "bone stock" when in really the car has a bored and stroked engine with a 300hp of Nitrous Oxide on board-"popping" your own vehicles hood allows you competition to see exactly wahts going on under there in regards to modificaions).
I have seen many a potential race be called off simply because a driver flat out refused to "pop" his hood. I also have seen an impending race called off because someone had forgot to bring their VHT Trackbite.

Thank you in advance, sorry for the dumb questions.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494

Last edited by Hog; 08-31-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote