View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014   #26
Roadster

Default Re: About to use my Tech 1a for the first time, pointers? ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92whiteZ View Post
The Tech 1 is a very useful tool. Newer scan tools dont work as well for backwards compatibility.

The "Mass Storage Cartridge" is basically all the other cartridges combined like the ECM/Brakes/ABS/SIR etc.

I have the all the manuals on PDF somewhere but i think you can find them online as well. Very useful for finding out which adapter is required for each application. the adapters are critical for it work work as needed.
Reread the thread and 92whiteZ (don't know your first name) provided the answer, above in "BOLD". And since my "Mass Storage Cartridge" as been updated as stated above in my previous post, all should be good. Just have to figure out how to plug in the adapters the correct way.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayscode390 View Post
No worries Tom, we can make this the Tech 1 thread

So when you open the Mass Storage, there is a menu that lets you choose between stored cartridges? Is every Mass Storage the same or do they vary? ---
Thanks alwayscode390, (also don't know your first name) it is appreciated.

Have not plugged my unit in yet, hopefully later today or tonight. Received a return email from the seller, who had never used the unit before, he took pics of the screen to show the different menus you can access, with the "MSC" installed. As mentioned above it looks like if we have the "MSC", that there isn't any need for the individual cartridges, which is a good thing. It appears that the most important item is that the "MSC" is updated to contain all of the said menus. I would assume there is only one "MSC" that if updated, that is all you would need. And I would imagine, that your local Chevrolet dealer could do an update for anyone who needs it done.

Hopefully Hog, (don't know your first name) and others who have experience with the Tech 1 can provide more additional info, as they have being doing.

We need a thread just for first names.......

Side note....I would also assume that the Global Cartridge mentioned in my prevoius post is the same as a "MSC".
I know, I know, I assume alot of things..........

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 09-13-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote