View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014   #132
Schrade

Default Re: Headers Installation...

If I can do it on jackstands, anyone can.

What kind of hardware are you going with there Karl?

I would DEFINITELY spray EVERY bolt with thin lube before putting a wrench to it. And check out Cliff's links. I got a few snappics posted, but he probably has more comprehensive info...

I had front end perhaps 4" higher than front ramps would have had it up. (wheels off tho').

P side O2 harness connector is behind motor mount. I think everyone said that motor would have had to be supported / lifted, to access motor mount, and O2 harness connector.

DO REMEMBER the placement of the ex man flange bolts. I found IDENTICAL MISSING BOLTS PATTERN ON D + P SIDES. I'm certain it was by design (from BG).

Pulling the frame - to - hood support brackets really made it easy. Only real problem I had was the one bolt for that bracket, which broke loose the IN-FRAME spot welded nut, THEN I had to zip the head off with a Dremel, while the nut fell inside the rail.

Fixing that was sort of a hack, but it is tight now...
http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22996

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 09-21-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote