View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015   #11
edram454

Default Re: Point/Counterpoint: DOHC v OHV

It is certainly not personal with me. I call it as I see it. I will not defend a lousy lt4 car. Its a good car, not a super car. All those vehicles are direct comparisons in specific cases. The ls platform is good no question. i just think chevy fell short on the lt4. what about the ones that just blow up after 10 miles?? I have heard of a couple of those. I just feel no way in hell can a lt4 run 24 hours and average 176mph or complete the 200 hour durability test the lt5 had to endure and survive. 200 hours of flooring the beast time after time again and live. some of these lt4's cant even survive 10 miles of parking lot driving. any way it is just my opinion. by the way the nurburgring vette was involved in a crash so the time was not reported. dont take anything personal it is just my opinion. I have had 7 corvettes but have not bought a new c7 even though it is a nice car and the interior is best improvement. I would wait for the next rendition of the lt4 to see if the improvement made warrants super car status. All corvettes are nice but just a little critical of the so called top vette. long live dohc cars. At least Ford got it right with the coyote!

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote