View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015   #91
spork2367

Default Re: Point/Counterpoint: DOHC v OHV

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
I do respect them because of the engineering those companies invested in them but it is just hard to accept this country being second fiddle to any other country in the world in anything. I would never buy one except to flip for a profit like I stated earlier. I consider myself a true automotive guy but for me to own a pleasure craft I must like it first and that is the reason I would never own one. I will always feel the Corvette is the best and only sports car to own. I never root for any other car in racing except American cars in any type of racing. So there!!

ed ramos #3028
Your view seems to be a bit bigoted. I mean, what's your view of Zora Duntov? Belgian born, German trained, with strong racing experience from England...

If it weren't for European two seat sports cars, the Corvette wouldn't even exist. The majority of the technology used in Corvettes was used by foreign car manufacturers first. Hell, the LT5 was designed by Lotus in England.

Having brand loyalty is one thing. And the Corvette is a very American vehicle, from it's current pushrod V8 to its consumer friendly price.

But it wasn't created exclusively by Americans, with exclusively American technology, and isn't the greatest car ever manufactured.

Sorry if you're offended by that, but your view is awkwardly narrow minded.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote