View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016   #5
Dynomite

Default Re: Some Differences between 95's and 90'/91's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
#6 - GM 3056858 and best I recall it's never gone through any production design changes. A change in design would have changed the part #.

GOOGLE - Amazon have great images.

That plenum is "restored" - I'd say not but ......
Well.......20 out of 21 observations is not bad

"On the "Restored".........I have "Restored" 6 Plenums. One of those is Powder Coated. All of those have the same Unconventional Color Combination. Three of those had the original Powder Coating chips and flaking. In the Restoration I did NOT remove the original Powder Coat but DID remove the flaking original powder coat and did dress up the chips and flaking areas by sanding.

Five of those are Painted with Rustoleum High Heat which after considerable use none of those has changed color or the paint deteriorating in any way. An advantage to my methods is that the Painting is very easy to touch up in case of stains or damage after the fact. All of the Plenums have the Billet Aluminum TB Coolant Cover Installed (LT5).

And I might add.....only one of those has the TB Coolant Blocked and associated rubber hoses removed from the Plenum. The other five Plenums are associated with TB being Blocked at the Injector Housing with New Hoses associated with the original TB Coolant installed WITHOUT Hose Clamps just for looks.

Keep the Differences between model year observations coming....very informative

Last edited by Dynomite; 01-30-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote