View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016   #9
Fully Vetted

Default Re: Texas Meet Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
Forgot about one in Hico. If I wasn't there it didn't happen! Lol. Oh well, thats what I get for thinking. Dave do you want to post something in CF or do you want me to?

Btw, I'm ok with anywhere. If it's a long drive, I would be ok with hotel stay just so not traveling at night in case of breakdowns. I'll go with what everyone else wants to do.
If you could post in CF that would be great. Let's try and get a consensus of what everyone wants to do and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Well, you're getting "dangerously" close to my old stompin' grounds ... so let me suggest a couple of really outstanding BBQ places (the brisket is outstanding, possibly the best in Texas) ... Cooper's BBQ in either Llano or Mason. Definitely worth the drive. I always preferred the Mason location until the health department forced them to put a floor in the "dining room" ... years ago it was a tin shack with picnic tables and dirt floor and had the best ambiance of any BBQ place in the hill country.

Shoot, let me know the date and I might be tempted to drive in for the event ... I need an excuse to check the fence line on my ranchland located between the two Cooper establishments.
Coopers was rated the Best BBQ in Texas a few years ago. I've driven by the Llano location before but never eaten there.

Gunny, that would be outstanding if you could join us.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote