View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016   #1
Roadster

Default The Time is Now......

The time is now to really get into the ZR-1 and my other Vette projects. And I will be able to do that in 4 months and 3 days as I am retiring on July 9. After 40 years, 8 months with one company and driving just over 1 million miles OTR in that time, it is time to call it quits.
I will now be able to accomplish the following without any time restrictions what-so-ever.......this will be a very good feeling....

My current "Bucket List"
1- learn more about the LT5 by reading all of Cliff's threads & posts.

2- learn how to use my Tech 1 and understand all of the parameters regarding the LT5 and everything pertaining to the C4.

3- have reading time everyday with all of the Heart Of The Beast mags now that I will have the time to do so.

4- continue paint correction on the ZR-1 to make it as best as possible, keeping it as a true survivor.

5- change all of the fluids and install the Hurst shifter.

6- attend some WAZOO gatherings in the future.

7- get the 74 back together this year.

8- finish up the 82 and get it ready for a possible sale.

9- make sure that I drive at least one Vette every possible day that I can.

10- although this is listed last, it is the most important and that is to enjoy more time with my wife, our daughter, son-in-law and our grandsons and the grand-dog.

To say I can't wait is an understatement.....I am looking very forward to this time in my life. Everyday is one day closer.........

Tom

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote