View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016   #25
rhipsher

Default Re: Resale? Don't feel so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
[Q
I agree with everything you said. You got a good one and a manual tranny is much better than the paddle shift electronic disasters. The stealerships are much different. I was treated like a king when I bought my a4 audi at the collection... wine, coffee, snacks,,, loaner car... nothing like the American car stealerships. It is a difference maker. If you buy right presumably a euro car without high tech options, you chances of doing ok are greatly increase. You got a good car and are able to keep it on road for low costs. btw, I only buy used cars now. I love low mileage American luxo barrages. I love my low mileage Lincoln Town Car. Looks like new.. has 46k and havent done a thing since I got it 4 years ago. I bought it with 16k miles and paid 9k.

edramos #3028

UOTE=rhipsher;244221]The only things I've had to replace on the 07 530i is two coils. An alternator and the radiator hose assembly. The car has 145,000 miles on it. Has a 6 speed manual transmission. Not much can go wrong with a 6 speed manual and will still do 155mph. So I'm only speaking for myself but I'd say that's not to bad. I bought a warranty on the car so incase something major does go wrong I don't have to foot the whole Bill. So when I have had to take it to the BMW dealership I am treated like a king. They even have a pub with a gourmet coffee bar in there while your waiting.
And on the other hand I bought my wife and brand new 2013 Chevy Cruze LTZ fully loaded. That thing has been in the shop 5 times since I bought it. Buying brand new is not a guarantee that you will get a trouble free car. Within a month the turbo actuator Rod clip came off and I could barely make it up a bridge. Then the transmission had a leak after 5,000 miles. The damn sun visors are so cheaply made that the hinges to the sun visor mirrors broke on both within a year just like they did on my mother in laws Kia. And Chevys Mylink navigation takes me to the wrong address 30% of the time. So I don't even use it anymore. And everytime I take it to the Chevy dealership it's a ghetto experience. But like I said. I'm only speaking from my own experiences. Yours may be different.
[/QUOTE]

I actually bought the car from another good friend that is also a ZR-1 owner. He ownes a 93. So I knew I could trust him. He is totally anal about his cars. Unfortunately he was going through a divorce and had to sell it. He sold it to me for $12,500 cash. It had 80k miles at that time. Now has 145k. Runs perfect in every way. No regrets.
And the navigation always takes me to the right place.

Last edited by rhipsher; 06-25-2016 at 11:50 AM.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote