View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016   #5
Vette73

Default Re: Prices and Valuation

As far as the ZR1 being the nicest looking C-4 I definately agree...

As far as the C4 being the least desirable generation, I'm sorry to say I agree also..If you look at all the older generation Corvettes they all cost a pretty penny for nice examples...Basically because in the muscle car era you had a choice of a lot of different engines...

Besides the Z there are no C4s going for any money..Some say the Grand sport C4 brings in money.....I have not checked but I would not even think about buying a grand sport over a Z........

When I bought my Z I knew very little of its design......I did learn fast though with the help of the registry members and have benefited....

One of the things I was suprised about is the lack of aftermarket mods for it.....No superchargers available no buying better flowing heads to slap on either..

I mean yes you can port the heads and port the plenum and I/Hs (which I did the latter two).....Marc's 510 package looks like a decent deal but you figure you would want an exhaust system and a hurst shifter installed, so realistically the bill would be around 11,500.....Some of the members said it best--The hell with the pricing just drive the hell out of it.....
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote