View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016   #13
Roadster

Default Re: Polish and wax for a black Z...Any recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
Hey Roadster were you at Carlyle in August? I was there Thursday and Friday at the Registry tent.......I believe I did see this car parked also there.....I said to myself - I have to get my paint to look like that".......

Sorry I did not get a chance to formerly meet you if in fact that was your car on the field........Thanks for the tips.......Heard good things about Black magic so maybe I will give it a try since its readily available at auto zone...
Yes, I was there T-F-S @ Carlisle. I was taking pics of members and their
ZR-1's. Although I lost some pics, we probably did meet sometime during the event. And if you are referring to my Z on the field, thank you for the kind words.
Turtle Jet Black (Spray Detailer & Spray Wax) is what I recommend, not Black Magic, which may be another brand. But I do suggest doing some type of paint correction, as mentioned above before using the Turtle Jet Black products that are listed here and above.
And it is a time consuming process, especially if your not familiar with using a buffer. Plenty of You Tube videos to check out on this subject.
Keep us posted!!!

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member

Last edited by Roadster; 10-13-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote